• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Run to High Point Anyone?

Hello Folks!

Just a friendly reminder: PLEASE fill up the tanks prior to the Marriot meeting point. For those coming in off the Tappan Zee, there is a gas station just off the exit. There is also a Mobil just PAST the Marriot on Route 119 East.

Cheers-

Nev

Don,
I was thinking of meeting up with the caravan at the Sloatsburg rest area. This is where we met for NSXPO and it is at least on this side of the river for us Jersey types.

I will have my club radio and they can either stop or let us know they are on the way and we can join them on the NY Thruway? I thought that we could join up on the GSP in NJ or just meet at Sloatsburg?

Call me and let me know what you think :confused:
732-261-5526 Cell

Sloatsburg sounds like a great idea. I hope I can make it...

Now that I know Bob is wearing clothes, I think that sounds like a good idea. I wasn't planning on going all the way to the meeting point because it's too far out of the way. I'll have to look at a map later, but if we did meet there what time are you suggesting?

Don

Hey Folks,

I am out here in New Rochelle but I left my NSX back in No. Cal since I am out here on business. Any body have an open seat? I would love to meet some of the East Coasters and take in some of the local scenery. I will be staying at the Marriott in Brooklyn by the Brooklyn bridge starting on Saturday as I have some businees down that way next week. I remember when Doc Lane came out to the Bay Area and we took him out through San Francisco and down the coast to Half Moon Bay. This seemed like a chance to do a similar trip but with the shoe on the other foot. If there is anybody down that way in NYC heading up for the drive and wouldn't mind taking another fellow NSX owner with them, please post in this thread and hopefully we can set something up.

Cheers,

1NSX2GO :D

I am going to try to hook up with everyone near Harriman shortly after Rt 6 merges into Rt 17 (Between exit 130 and 130A). This will save me about 35-40 miles of driving in the morning (translates to a little more sleep)
smile.gif

Don and Mike,
We can hook up at the hilton right off exit 131 at MetroPark. Then we can make the trip to Sloatsburg. It took us about an 1.25 hours to make the trip the last time.

Nev what time do you think you'll hit sloatsburg or if you can tell me when you will get over the TZ bridge I can estimate your time to the rest stop

Hello Folks,

I realize that it is a bit inconvenient for those traveling from NJ and PA to meet at the Westchester meeting point. I just wanted to incorporate the scenic drive though Bear Mountain. Unfortunately, our drive will not take us past the Sloatsburg rest stop, but those who wish to meet up there can certainly travel north on Route 17 and meet the group near the Harriman area, where we will begin onto Route 17 West. I do not know what exit off Route 17 West would be a good meshing point, so for those of you who are planning to do so, please post some suggestions so that we can join without losing anyone.

Thus far, we are expecting the following cars at the Marriott meeting point:

Jalnjr
Bob O
Peter Mills
Tony D
Bailey
Roger
THE Don
Alan
Clem
Mike (Bridgewater Acura)
Sonny 9201

If you are not on the list and are planning on coming, please let us know. If you are planning on meeting in route, also please let us know and where.

Larry B will meet up with us on Route 17 West at Exit 126 (Chester)

Finally, one correction in the directions: As we leave High Point State Park for Perona Farms, we will make a LEFT onto Route 23 SOUTH (NOT RIGHT as stated prior). Thanks.

NevSX

Received a PM from Nev. They are going to follow a route up from Bear Mtn and take in the scenery. I'm all for that. I think we could shoot up the Thruway and meet them in Harriman when they come out through Bear Mtn pass? There may be several ways to route this trip. Nev send me a PM and let me know the best time to contact you on Friday. I will be out for a while and will be at an affair most of the day Saturday so we need to coordinate this so I can plan to hook up with Bridgewater and TheDon

Looking forward to the ride but it will be a pity if I havta bring my snow shovel :eek: :eek: :eek: because a run like this is best with the roof off :cool:
Thanks

Alan, Don, Mike,

As you may have noticed in my previous post, I also plan to meet up with the Westchester caravan near Harriman in the vicinity of exit 130 on Rt17.

My travel plans to get there will take me through NJ via I-78E to I-287N to I-87. Let me know if you plan to meet somewhere in route before getting to Harriman.

Does anyone know if there are any rest stops on Rt 17 in the area between exit 130 and exit 126 where LarryB will be hooking up that may work well for the NJ and NY caravans to join up?

Thanks to your maps Tony, I agree Harriman sounds good. I'm calling Alan now and will get in touch with you later about hooking up at 78/287.

What time do you think we should meet at 78/287?
D

Hi Tony,

There are no rest stops. I was planning on waiting near the overpass by exit 126. If you guys want I can give directions to meet in the town of Chester between Exit 127 and Exit126, if you get off at Exit 127(Greycourt Road).

Let me know, It is easy-off and easy-on, there are plenty of places to meet and park for your NJ Guys:).

Alan, I am sure this will be easy for you too.

HTH,
LarryB

Hi Nev

I will plan on meeting up w/ the crew in the area of RT17 & I 84 as I will be
comming out of central CT. I will call your cell### at about 11AM to see where you are??? AISI (as I see it) we will probably all be at that junction at
approx.11AM:

see you all Sunday AM: If its a Sunny Sunday - Do you think MIled' will come
out and Play/That is the question of the Day!!! :D :D ;)

Regards - Clem

Don, Mike, Tony, Nev and Larry

I discussed the meeting point with the Jersey contingent. It was decided we will meet the caravan with Larry in Chester.

"If you guys want I can give directions to meet in the town of Chester between Exit 127 and Exit126, if you get off at Exit 127(Greycourt Road)"

Nev we will all have our club radios on listening for your arrival. We just need to determine when you will get to Chester? We will plan on meeting in Chester at approx 10AM. If you are leaving at 9 and heading through Bear Mtn it should take an hour or so to reach us :confused: .

Larry can you suggest a meeting place in Chester. We are going to attempt to hook up with Tony off route 287 and then continue up to Chester to meet you. We can then hang and wait for Nev and the rest of the crew.

Nev, Don I'll call you Saturday to work out the details :D :D .

Tony I don't have your number but if you send me a PM or post your cell we can work out the meeting place details off Rte287 :D :D

I had snow by me last night (fortunately not too much). What is the weather report from the Jerseyites?

11254514-L.jpg

11254513-L.jpg

Last edited:
Like I said, I live about 1 mile from Perona Farms and we have 1 inch of snow on the ground here. High Point is North and West of me and at a higher elevation, I'm sure they received more snow. Fortunately it all stuck to the grass here and the roads are just wet and nasty.

First snowfall in Sparta.......

Attachments

• Sparta_snow.JPG
    Sparta_snow.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 153
We had about 2" of snow up here last night. But the sun is out and I am sure all roads will be clear and dry by tomorrow:).

In regard to Chester. Once you get off of Exit 127 go to the stop sign and make a left. Go to the light and go right, you will be heading into Chester. On the left just at the bottom of a small hill is a discount beer store(Big yellow sign). I will be in the parking lot around 10:30am cell is 201-966-5178

NOTE: If I recall there is a $7.00 fee the enter High Point. Not sure if we are "off season" and it is free. Nev, can you comment on this??

See you there!

LarryB

Last edited:
Hello Folks,

By my estimation, we should be out of the Bear Mountain pass and onto Route 17 West at Harriman at 10:00 or so. Entrance into the park will be free as this is off season. We may see some snow, but not drive on it, thank goodness! If anyone has any questions, please call me at any time.

See you tomorrow!

Cheers-

Nev

Nev,
Tony, Don, Mike and I are meeting up on 287North. We will meet larry in Chester at 10 and then join the caravan when you are close by.

Sorry we can't meet you at the Marriott but we are looking forward to the rest of the ride and hearing about the views in Bear Mtn.

Have a great trip and we'll see you tmow

Woohoo!!! I rearranged my schedule so I can make it! So instead of sitting through a boring lecture on anti-depressants, I can go anti-depressant cruising with the NE crew.

Folks-

Seems that we're all set! Larry or Alan,....I will call your cell approaching Exit #126/127 off of Route 17W. Please keep a look out for Clem, as he mentioned meeting up at Route 17/84, but was not very specific. I have sent him an PM, but no response, so we will play it by ear.

K.O., great to have you! We can talk about anti-depressants all you want, but let me just inform you that there is no drug out there as good as this CAR!

See you all tomorrow!

Cheers-

NevSX :D :D :D

Hey Guys,

It looks like we will have some nice weather tomorrow. I have made contact for a ride and look forward to meeting all the familiar names and put some faces to them. Thanks for the PM's and offers.

1NSX2GO

I've tried them all so I'd be glad to lecture tomorrow.....

Alan I got your phone call (thank you) but just got home (11:30). I'll meet you guys at the rest stop on 287 just north of 78 at 9:15ish.

Drive Safely

Back