• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

S2000 Antenna?

I am looking to replace my factory antenna. I've notice other Xs changed their antenna to what looks like a S2000 factory antenna. Are these aftermarket antenna? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

Some people run the Shark antenna...you might want to look into that.....I just keep my antenna down and unplugged since I have a Ipod hooked up.

OEM S2000 antenna wont fit whitout modification.

I have this one and it fits perfectly: http://www.locustom.com/shark2_kit.htm

i wish i would've known about this antenna, i bought one from dali racing

http://daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=1545

granted it's a Honda piece, but I am pretty hesitant to 'modify' my rear fender to fit the antenna. oh well money has already been spent. i gotta install it soon, the 'rc car' antenna just dates the car terribly.

Thanks All...

RacingHart: Was it easy to install? Can I just splice the two wires from the existing wires? If you can please provide details on how you removed the existing antenna, etc....

Thanks All...

RacingHart: Was it easy to install? Can I just splice the two wires from the existing wires? If you can please provide details on how you removed the existing antenna, etc....
Sorry, but this was some years ago, but it was plug-and play connector as far as i remember. No splicing etc.

Hardest part was actually attaching the nut to hold the new antenna without dropping it inside the fender. I recommend putting a rag or something inside the fender and/or attach a string to it to prevent the nut from getting lost down there.

I installed a short antenna as well a while back.

I got the Shark Attack II antenna here:
http://www.locustom.com/antennas.htm

I didn't really like the look/size of the mast on the shark attack antenna, so I got a short mast (A-black) that just screws on in place of the shark mast, here:
http://www.stubbyantenna.com/

Reception is actually better with this setup than it was stock. I'll try and post up a pic later.

Shark is good and looks fine on nsx. Antenna days may be over I think, ipod/iphone replaced them. I regret changing it as I almost never use it. My $.02. Good luck!

Last edited:
I'm going to get a Shark Attack. Does the short mast (A-black) have better reception than Shark mast or was it purely cosmetic? How much shorter was it?

Also does anybody have install instructions for shark attack 2/removal of OEM for the NSX specifically?

I installed a short antenna as well a while back.

I got the Shark Attack II antenna here:
http://www.locustom.com/antennas.htm

I didn't really like the look/size of the mast on the shark attack antenna, so I got a short mast (A-black) that just screws on in place of the shark mast, here:
http://www.stubbyantenna.com/

Reception is actually better with this setup than it was stock. I'll try and post up a pic later.

Last edited:
Smooth:
Can you post some pics?

The Shark Attack II antenna is actually made by Metra Electronics Corp. part# 44-UA46. I purchased mine from LoCustom and that's what they sent me.

Do a google search on "Metra 44-UA46" and you should find a few other people who carry it should LoCustom be out of stock.

The install is pretty straight forward. The hardest part is getting the retaining nut on, as others have stated. I spliced my wires in using butt connectors, I think, and haven't had any issues so far.

Last edited:
I listen to a local sports talk radio on AM. For those who have installed the Shark, I would appreciate it if you could tell me how good AM reception is.

Thanks,

Mike

Did my first mod (small, but a mod nonetheless) to my NSX, because of this thread. I love Prime. As others have mentioned, the only difficult part was the retaining nut. It was a PITA to initially get it on.

The Shark Attack II looks good. The reception is great. My car cover, not so happy. But a worthy update for the time and money invested.

Caustic-

Hi,

Did my first mod (small, but a mod nonetheless) to my NSX, because of this thread. I love Prime. As others have mentioned, the only difficult part was the retaining nut. It was a PITA to initially get it on.

The Shark Attack II looks good. The reception is great. My car cover, not so happy. But a worthy update for the time and money invested.

Caustic-

Try to unscrew and remove the little mast right before you put the cover :wink:

Nuno

Hi,

Try to unscrew and remove the little mast right before you put the cover :wink:

Nuno

Yeah, figured that out the first time I put the cover on, and it looked like it had morning wood. :tongue:

Team,

So I finally got the Shark Antenna from Locustom....It only took 20 minutes to do it...
The problem...
No reception...whatsoever...I used the blue connector to the pink/white wire according to the installation from this thread.... The wires were getting hot and started smoking. Turned off car and took the connector off. Any feedback is appreciated. Is this a defected Antenna? I'm glad I have an ipod and hardly use the AM/FM....so the shark antenna was really for looks...

PVMIKE: Do you recall the color of the wire that you snapped/connected the power to?

Got the replacement from Locustom...They are great...Got it installed...Per directions, to connect it to the Pink/white wire....
I drove around the neighborhood. Reception is so-so. I had better reception when I had a stock antenna. Tomorrow will be the real test.... Taking the car to work.... Stay tuned..

Is there any way to modify the S2K Antenna to fit in the stock fender hole? I don't like the shark 2 as much as the S2K, and haven't used my AM/FM since my Double Din / IPod upgrade. I just have the power disconnected from my OEM Antenna. But some times I think I would like to have that option the listen to the radio. Maybe I should just hook up the XM and call it a day.

Back