• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

S2000 spare

Hi will an s2000 spare work on an 2002 Nsx? Clear brakes and bolt up front and rear, lastly will it fit in the trunk? Thanks

I don't know if it will clear the brakes (or wheel wells) or bolt properly, but if it does, then it will certainly fit in the NSX trunk. Heck, a full-size NSX rear wheel/tire fits in the trunk!

The NSX uses different size front and rear tire diameters. Your s2000 spare will only work for the rears. To have it work for the front, you'll be driving lopsided and rub like hell.

My advice is to get a AAA membership. But make sure you get the AAA plus or premier so you get at least 100 miles of towing. The annual membership isn't terribly expensive. I won't use my 11 yr old spare so, flatbed it is if I get a flat. I look forward to meeting you at NSXPO. ---- Ed

Last edited:
There's a thread floating around that some use either a rsx, cl, or another oem wheel and it fits in the trunk. The person I think started the thread as well since they are running a bbk. I don't remember much detail but it's probably a few year old thread

AAA premier is worth it. you get three 50 mile tows and one 200 mile one. Plus a one day rental if i'm not mistaken.

Thanks for the info looking fwd to meeting you Ed.

I'm researching on an rx8 spare...anyone know if a 16 91-93 oem x wheel work for the 02 front and rear?

anyone know if a 16 91-93 oem x wheel work for the 02 front and rear?
What's an "x"?

If you're referring to a stock '91-93 rear NSX wheel, no, it will not work on the front of any year NSX. The NSX has different sized center bores, front vs rear. (The center bore is the big hole in the very center of the wheel, and it fits over the hub on the car's suspension, which is the same diameter.) The NSX has a larger center bore on the front wheels (70 mm) than the rear wheels (64 mm). So there is no way for the 64 mm center bore for a stock rear wheel to fit over the 70 mm hub on the NSX front hub. Unless you have the center bore drilled out (and even then, I don't know whether other problems might arise). As you have probably guessed, the center bore on the NSX spare is 70 mm.

If you want to try drilling out the center bore of a stock '91-93 rear wheel, I can sell you one very cheap ($25 plus shipping) to use as a test...

Last edited:
Strange because I tried test fitting my stock s2000 front wheel on my 91 and the bore size of the s2000 wheel is smaller. Bolt pattern is the same but bore siz is different in the front. Didn't try the spare was assuming it's the same. I'll have to ck again

Is the spare wheel made special to where regular tires could not be mounted?

Last edited:
Strange because I tried test fitting my stock s2000 front wheel on my 91 and the bore size of the s2000 wheel is smaller. Bolt pattern is the same but bore siz is different in the front.
The center bore is the same on the S2000 as it is on the NSX - 70 mm for the front hub and wheels, 64 mm for the rear hub and wheels. The spare has a 70 mm center bore so it can be used on either end.

Perhaps you were actually test fitting an S2000 rear wheel.

when they put the tire up to the lugs it looks like a fit.................................try tighening the lugs as if you were gonna go drive the car and xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .............. nope!

Ok borrowed an s2k spare from a friend of a friend . seems to fit fine but will need a spacer as it barely touchs the caliper. , I've got 3mm spacers that I'll have bored to fit the hub today. Stay tuned....

I have removed my spare due to weight savings and experienced a flat one day. Stuck near the the convention center on I-5, I called my wife who drove a 2010 TSX to come and rescue me. Shaking her head while pulling up, I managed to drive it going 60mph for 26 miles while applying her spare tire to the rear of my NSX.

Better to have the option of something you can try on hand, just to get you to a place where you can deal with it.

Back