• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

S2000 Steering Wheels on NSX

UPDATE....

I'm just going to knock this on the head as it'll just be grief trying to chase and maintain momentum in getting the required 25 minimum.

If anyone else Stateside can rustle up the numbers to get SoS making their hub again then maybe I can come back to it...

I've refunded to those that had already paid. Sorry for the inconvenience but it really ended up being a case of matters outside my control...

Hi all,

I've regularly been asked if I can make some more of the hub adaptors that allow the fitment of S2000, RSX or various Civic wheels to the NSX.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...eering-Wheel-Adaptors?highlight=s2000+adaptor

For a while this wasn't possible.

I had agreed to do some then discovered today from another Prime member "byzrice" that Science of Speed no longer sell their Rapid Short Hub (2nd big picture) http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ..._products/NSX/NRG/quick_release_steering_hub/ from which I designed my part to work with!

Obviously this isn't good news for any prospective "wheel swappers" so I called Chris at SoS to find out the status. They don't have any in stock but he is willing to do a minimum run of 25. These will cost somewhere around the $195 + shipping.

I guess it all depends on whether we can get 25 takers. This would therefore mean that I would have to "order" these 25 from Chris, effectively commissioning him I'm not really into arranging group buys but it get's messy as I need to get 25 takers for the hub and boss for it to work for everyone....

I'm throwing this out to everyone who may be interested because I don't think there will be another chance to fit this wheel again....Let me know your thoughts.

I've already had 4 people pay for my adaptor so I assume they had intended to get the hub from SoS?

Guys, what do you want to do....

Thanks,

Gary

Last edited:
Subscribing for interest...

Last edited:
Ideally, it would allow us to maintain the cruise control, horn and airbag (if from an AP1 single-stage) functionality.

Ideally, it would allow us to maintain the cruise control, horn and airbag (if from an AP1 single-stage) functionality.

Yes sir, at this point we would like to start an interest list in our thread for the two parts (one which Hamasan makes and one for the SOS adapter). We will coordinate the entire deal along with our steering wheel so please go on this thread here and add yourself to the list. We will need at least 10 paid parties to move forward since this is a big monetary investment on our part to get things rolling.

Go to this thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ers-who-want-to-do-swap?p=1794760#post1794760

Hey that's interesting. I'm in the UK so I don't reallyhave the same access to some of the parts you guys do. Are the NRG ddimensions similar to the SMS hub? What about the diameter of the hole, does my adaptor slot in snuggly like it does with the Sos hub or is there any "play" or slop?

Thanks,

Gary

FWIW, I got my adapter to work with the NRG hub...

Hey that's interesting. I'm in the UK so I don't reallyhave the same access to some of the parts you guys do. Are the NRG ddimensions similar to the SMS hub? What about the diameter of the hole, does my adaptor slot in snuggly like it does with the Sos hub or is there any "play" or slop?

Thanks,

Gary

Its been quite some time since I installed the adapter , steering wheel, and hub. But the SOS hub was compatible with the NRG quick releases, which they all share the same bolt pattern with other aftermarket steering wheels. I purchased your adapter assuming that they were all compatible, which it was. There was no shearing or slop as far as i recall. I did however, remember using different bolts and washers instead of the the ones provided with your adapter.

Its been quite some time since I installed the adapter , steering wheel, and hub. But the SOS hub was compatible with the NRG quick releases, which they all share the same bolt pattern with other aftermarket steering wheels. I purchased your adapter assuming that they were all compatible, which it was. There was no shearing or slop as far as i recall. I did however, remember using different bolts and washers instead of the the ones provided with your adapter.

Well that's great to know. Thanks for the info. Is the NRG hub the same depth as the SOS one? Can you put up a link to the exact one please? It's good news because quite a few people still ask for adaptors but I wasn't aware of any other compatible hubs unless I buy them just to try out....

I can probably get them made again then and s4play is trying to sort something out too for his customers..

Well that's great to know. Thanks for the info. Is the NRG hub the same depth as the SOS one? Can you put up a link to the exact one please? It's good news because quite a few people still ask for adaptors but I wasn't aware of any other compatible hubs unless I buy them just to try out....

I can probably get them made again then and s4play is trying to sort something out too for his customers..

Ok, so since I had to diagnose some other issues, I had a chance to take out my steering wheel. Again, the Hagasan S2000 / RSX steering wheel will work with the NRG NSX SHort Hub Adapter ( https://www.getnrg.com/products/quick-release-kits/short-hub/srk-150h ).

I was not able to use 2 holes on the adapter as it did not line up with the NRG hub (circled in red). Please see attached picture. It still fits great, and after 3 years, they were still tight without any play.

Attachments

• 20140814_162457.jpg
    20140814_162457.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 348
  • 20140814_163316.jpg
    20140814_163316.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
According to the picture, the Hagasan hub itself is held on with 1 bolt and the steering wheel is held on via 4 bolts bolted onto the NRG hub?

Many thanks for the info StupidJunior.

Yes, with the NRG hub the adaptor does appear to be fitted with one bolt. If it's held good for three years then that's great. I would personally prefer all three bolts to be used for added safety.

If I had an NRG I could probably reposition the holes if there are two more either side of 6 o'clock. Is that the case StupidJunior?

Many thanks for the info StupidJunior.

Yes, with the NRG hub the adaptor does appear to be fitted with one bolt. If it's held good for three years then that's great. I would personally prefer all three bolts to be used for added safety.

If I had an NRG I could probably reposition the holes if there are two more either side of 6 o'clock. Is that the case StupidJunior?

Hagasan, yes, the two holes on either side of 6 o clock need to be repositioned.

dablackgoku1234, the adapter is held on by one bolt to the NRG hub at 6 o clock, but once the steering wheel is fitted on, you will have a total of 5 bolts holding the adapter to the hub. I feel because of the 2 tabs on the adapter fitting into the back of the steering wheel, sheering load has been decreased, allowing for the bolts to have stayed tight for so long. Great design of the adapter. I would recommend to anyone.

Can I please see a picture of Hagasan adapter and SOS hub? I feel I have one and not the other. Just wanted to verify. Also, does the SOS hub come with cables needed to convert NSX cables into S2K steering?

Can I please see a picture of Hagasan adapter and SOS hub? I feel I have one and not the other. Just wanted to verify. Also, does the SOS hub come with cables needed to convert NSX cables into S2K steering?

The OP has photos on his thread

So if the NRG hub will work then this is great news! Hagasan, will you make more adapters then? :)

We are currently exploring the possibility of having the adapter made but the costs to have it done are pretty high so if anyone is interested please contact us and we can go from there. Since we do sell the s2000 custom flat bottom steering wheels for the s2000 / NSX we are thinking if there is demand this is something we might be able to assist with but we would need at least 5-10 interested and paid for orders to get this started.

thanks!

For those who are interested in getting one of our s2000 Carbon Fiber OEM wheels and need the adapter, shoot us a PM!

We will be producing these in limited quantities so get them while they are available. Very limited quantities.

Back