• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Saleen TT

I'll cover the guzzler tax if someone gets the retail tag reads 750hp @6300 and 700 ft @4200

Last edited:
bodypainter said:
meh, for 1/2 million bucks there are a lot of choices.

Oh, wrong forum too.

There are a lot of choices at that price level, however, none of them are as fast as the S7TT. That thing is SMOKING!

Did you guys see the standing mile comp. that featured the Saleen S7 TT in this month's Road & Track? That thing is wicked fast.

I've seen a couple here in S. CA (one weird Lambo orange, one red, and one yellow) and really like the way they look. Althought the front is so damn low that I honestly don't know how these bad boys are drivable on city streets (even on billiard pool smooth streets like we enjoy).

saw one at the Dallas Auto Show. :eek: :eek:

Attachments

• 146_4680 (Medium).JPG
    146_4680 (Medium).JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 327
Check out the engine bay. I am guessing that most of the owners already have a F car in the garage. :tongue:

Attachments

• 147_4741 (Medium).JPG
    147_4741 (Medium).JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 308
However I would probably opt for:

Attachments

• 146_4677 (Medium).JPG
    146_4677 (Medium).JPG
    79 KB · Views: 324
I don't understand how the Saleen can be sold w/o having airbags or a 4-point belt. I thought all new cars are required to have airbags. I'll take the Saleen over he CGT. It has more power and imo looks better.

NetViper said:
There are a lot of choices at that price level, however, none of them are as fast as the S7TT. That thing is SMOKING!
I don't know. You could spend a whole lot less and get an ungodly Lingenfelter Vette or Hennessey Viper and still have a LARGE roll of cash left over.

How about waiting for the C6 Z06 and let Lingenfelter work it over.

Sure they're tuner cars, but isn't the Saleen S7 basically one too?

IMO, the S7 is freakin cool, but definately not what I'd spend that kind of money on. Personally I love the Murci Roadster. That's how I'd spend lots of money.

Deuce B said:
I don't know. You could spend a whole lot less and get an ungodly Lingenfelter Vette or Hennessey Viper and still have a LARGE roll of cash left over.

I don't think $$ is an issue to these people.

Deuce B said:

How about waiting for the C6 Z06 and let Lingenfelter work it over.

Sure they're tuner cars, but isn't the Saleen S7 basically one too?

IMO, the S7 is freakin cool, but definately not what I'd spend that kind of money on. Personally I love the Murci Roadster. That's how I'd spend lots of money.

But it'd still be a corvette or a viper. Granted, I love the viper, but if you're in the market for $400,000+ cars, I'm thinking your daughter drives a corvette, and you probably want something MUCH more unique, rare, exotic.

And unless you're racing the car on a racetrack, building up a lesser car to performance levels is going to leave you very unfulfilled.

and, IMO, the Murci roadster = barf on wheels :rolleyes:

The saleen S7 is more then just fast. The whole point is that the body design has such an aerodynamic advantage Saleen claims that around 160mph there is so much downforce you could drive the car upside down (ie inverted track). I love that car, but it sure looks like it would be a clausterphobic (sp?) ride.

Last edited:
nuccaJB said:
The saleen S7 is more then just fast. The whole point is that the body design has such an aerodynamic advantage Saleen claims that around 120mph there is so much downforce you could drive the car upside down (ie inverted track). I love that car, but it sure looks like it would be a clausterphobic (sp?) ride.

Do they have proof of this in testing? I'd like to see that! Maybe that will be the new testing standard. 0-60 mph and inverted driving speed will be the new standard.

White92 said:
Do they have proof of this in testing? I'd like to see that! Maybe that will be the new testing standard. 0-60 mph and inverted driving speed will be the new standard.

I've heard the same thing in regards to the F50 and Enzo... how would you measure such a thing by the way?

Wouldn't an engineer be able to calculate downforce at certain speeds and compare to total weight of the car? Once lbs of downforce is equal or greater then weight of the car it would not fall? I am not an engineer so I am not sure. I rememeber them talking about how smooth the undercarriage is and about the rear diffuser are disigned to suck the car to the road and eliminate/prevent any lift. Most high end super cars have plating on the bottom of the car to smooth out air flow at high speeds.

Back