• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Salvage blue NSX now roadworthy

After much blood sweat and tears (and money) I now have upgraded the salvage title to rebuilt! I still have a few odds and ends to tend to but she is running and looking like a 20,000 mile 2000 NSX should. She loves the Tahoe roads although right now they are clogged with tourists. I love the sound of the Comptech exhaust and headers. Does anyone know if a rebuilt title is better than a salvage title for insurance or loan or resale values? I have had a couple of offers to buy her but I am not selling.

Attachments

• IMG_2277.JPG
    IMG_2277.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_2280.JPG
    IMG_2280.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_2283.JPG
    IMG_2283.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 261
WOW! Lookin' good man! It's not very often that these projects/ideas come to fruition, so congratulations are definitely in order...

As far as the title goes, I'm not sure resale value. I didn't even know you could change a title from "salvaged" to "rebuilt". I've never even heard of one, much less seen one, but again, that's because not many of these projects (on ANY car) seen all the way through to the end. Is there still any fire damage? Discolored metals? smoke damage? burnt smell? I would def like to see this one in person some day... :cool:

The body and engine bay are back to before fire condition. The only evidence still remaining are singed headrests and the headliner that has the light. Both parts are comming and will make the car back to before the fire condition.
Here is a picture of the car before the resto.....

Attachments

• DSC07666.JPG
    DSC07666.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_2074.jpg
    IMG_2074.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_2069.jpg
    IMG_2069.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 257
Congrat to your 'new' ride! :biggrin:
It looks very nice, Good job! And don't hide your passion, FI it... :biggrin:

Tahoe,
I lurk more than I post, however, I saw your car advertised prior to your purchase. Following that - I do distinctly remember when you came online with your questions and asked for help, refererences, and parts. Although I did not comment, I saw that you were met with mostly enthusiasm and well wishes. There was at least one cynical pessimist as I remember - probably upset that they didn't get the car. A few others challenged or questioned your technical ability to actually restore the car, but for the most part it seemed like the forum supported you as these members of nsxprime are a "class act." Overall, I was glad to see that you found nsxprime - because as you probably have realized, it's a tremendous resource!

I have been rooting for you, and I'm happy for you. Congratulations!! Enjoy your car now! I believe you not only proved a few "nay-sayers" wrong, but you completed your restoration in a more than respectable period of time! Take Care!

Thanks for all the support! There were times when I thought I was foolish to take on such a big project (read money) but with help and guidence I was able to keep the costs at a low roar! The cause of the fire according to Shad was that the front bank of fuel injectors were missing springs and seals and that would make sense as the carfax showed that the car failed smog and then passed two weeks later. Then (fire) salvaged shortly after that.
Someone screwed up after cleaning the injectors.

So lets see some completed pics of this beauty on the road!! :biggrin:

Dr. Shad and Dr. Ryan at driving ambitions are true plastic sergeon's. Many thanks to them for the work they have done and the work they will be doing. Your blue baby looks sweet......brought back from the bowels of hell to relive another day. Enjoy...:smile:

Back