• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

San Diego body shop recommendations???

Hello all!

I'm finally making my move to SD on the 9th of this month. Unfortunately, I'll be missing the Feb 8th meet.

as some of you may have read, my car was involved in a hit a run incident in Portland...but I haven't had time to take care of it up here.

I'm going to need my front end repainted and was looking for a body shop that does EXCELLENT color matching (since the car is red) and obviously no orange peel/over-spray.

Who can you guys recommend?

I'm planning on getting my car painted within a few weeks of arriving...

thanks and I look forward to meeting the SD locals soon. Keep an eye out for a red NSX with a Oregon Salmon Plate (TT NSX)

take care,
Allen

Allen,

Looking forward to meeting you. I'm sure the rest of the San Diego group will feel the same way.

As for body shops, luckily I have not had the need to use one. But from what I've heard and observed, I might suggest Amato's in Sorrento Valley. I've heard they're very good. From the looks of their lot, they tend to do a lot of European sedans like BMWSs, Jags and MBs. I have seen a few NSXs there too.

-Randy

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400
2003 Chevy Suburban LT

[This message has been edited by FuryNSX (edited 02 February 2003).]

Randy.

thanks for the info and the welcome. I will look into the shop when I get down there...

anyone else have any recommendations?

thanks,
Allen

Call Derek at La Mesa AutoBody 619-461-0213
he helped me when that FGR hit and ran me :)

Seriously, top quality work, familiar with the NSX.

[This message has been edited by supercharged (edited 03 February 2003).]

i've had good experience with european auto body in escondido, although not with my nsx. this shop specializes on mercedes and porsche, but has worked on the nsx and is busy enough to turn away lower end cars. talk to chuck, one of the owners, at 760-741-8013.

I had an appointment for my NSX to go to Amato's, but it looks like they may be turning my business away since I want to put a Taitec Type-R style hood on and the WW front skirt and side skirts...

do you guys have any other recommendations? my biggest concerns is still quality. I don't want dust specs, orange peel, and want everything to match, but it seems like all the shops here hate to do any 'custom' work.

thanks,
Allen

Allen,

Sorry to hear about Amato's. I asked my brother-in-law who was used to work for an auto insurance company if there were any local shops that he'd recommend for really discriminating customers. He wasn't sure of any that he could 100% endorse.

-Randy

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey ..........SOLD!!!
1992 SC400
2003 Chevy Suburban LT

AMATO's always has their head up the arse when it comes to doing ANYTHING out of OEM. It's mainly because they only want insurance claims/money. Go see Dan Greenwald at Greenwalds Autobody (619) 429-7800... Not the easist locations but well worth the drive down to either National City or Chula Vista. The place is like a hospital as far as cleanliness and Dan is a consumate Pro.. tell him I sent you. Good luck.

Back