• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

San Diego county racing gas???

Z18

Contributing Member
Found one place in San Marcos with 99 octane gas, but he has it in a tank and hands you 5 gallon containers you then walk to your car with, fill your car, and rinse/repeat until the tank is full.

It's VP racing gas, which I hope is good gas -- if anyone knows more about it, do tell.

But what would be far better would be a pump like they have at, say, Willow Springs, where you drive up just like it was a regular gas station and use a traditional pump to put 100 octane unleaded into your car.

Does any such place exist in the greater San Diego area?

Go to the 76Union website, it lists the stations that carry "race gas" in SoCal.

coolnsx said:
Go to the 76Union website, it lists the stations that carry "race gas" in SoCal.

Ok, I'm probably blind, but I didn't see it -- just the various oils they carry, and a list of all the 76 stations by state. I didn't see any mention of race gas, nor the stations that carry it.

Could you give me the exact URL?

thanks in advance,

I thought it was www.76.com, let me do some footwork. I know they had a list, I bought some of the race fuel in Pasadena a few months ago. It was $5 a gallon, beginning to sound cheap :D

Z18 said:
Ah well, the search continues.
Try contacting the San Diego chapter of the SCCA. Someone there should be able to direct you to a source.

Racing Fuel

There is a place on the way to the dessert where I go off roading. Just outside of Ramona on Hwy. 78. They have VIP racing fuel at two pumps.

Back