• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

santa clarita shop to help me adjust my exhaust?

check to see if you hit anything.

the alignment on those exhaust should be prefect and not much to adjust.

did the car come with that kind of adjustment?

check to see if you hit anything.

the alignment on those exhaust should be prefect and not much to adjust.

did the car come with that kind of adjustment?

nothing hit....just was close to begin with to the valance, and after a short drive i noticed it shifted near the valance touching it....after it cooled off it moved away again.

I had my adjusted by Ramon at Niguel Motors.

Left side went down by half inch:eek:, I have a lot of clearance from the valence now. I am 10 times happier with the fitment. Ramon is a NSX magician, He can make any exhaust fit better. It did took 2 people doing the adjusting + me checking, reconfirming and giving feedbacks. In other word, you need 3 people.

No matter how good the exahust fitment is. Every car is different, not to mention connection from aftermarket headers, cats, age of hangers, etc. If one of these things is off by slightly, everything else is off. Adjustments can make up most of the differences.

I am pretty sure Rob can do the same for you.

Last edited:
I had my adjusted by Ramon at Niguel Motors.

Left side went down by half inch:eek:, I have a lot of clearance from the valence now. I am 10 times happier with the fitment. Ramon is a NSX magician, He can make any exhaust fit better. It did took 2 people doing the adjusting + me checking, reconfirming and giving feedbacks.

No matter how good the exahust fitment is. Every car is different, not to mention connection from aftermarket headers, cats, age of hangers, etc. Just one of these things is off by slightly, everything else is off. Adjustments can make up most of the differences.

I am pretty sure Rob can do the same for you.

awesome:) just so far away though :(

I also noticed my exhaust moved after I had my right exhaust tip on my tubi adjusted at a muffler shop. I went back and the guy just looked at it and wiggled it around and it was straight again.

I imagine the fitment is more accurate with the GT one than the tubi, but sometimes the exhaust will move due to the rubber hangers, although my hangers may be stretched since they were holding up the factory exhaust for 16 years. Either way it is annoying. Almost makes me want to put the taitec GTLW back on.

If you still need some help, drop me an email and we can set something up for tomorrow (Friday) evening or this weekend. We normally only work on Fords but in a previous life, I knew a thing or two about NSXs. Seriously, I have done a few header and exhaust installs and would be glad to help you out. Email: [email protected]

Tungstens.JPG

Shop1.JPG

If you still need some help, drop me an email and we can set something up for tomorrow (Friday) evening or this weekend. We normally only work on Fords but in a previous life, I knew a thing or two about NSXs. Seriously, I have done a few header and exhaust installs and would be glad to help you out. Email: [email protected]

Tungstens.JPG

Shop1.JPG

email sent!! :)

Tungstens.JPG

Shop1.JPG

I need some help too....need to adjust the driver side tip to raise up about 1/4" (or lower passenger side tip 1/4")...PM sent...:cool:

good to see you got your exhaust Jack.... can't wait to see the finished pics!!!

Hey guys I'm looking to get my headers and random tech cats installed soon...

Anyone willing to help me out here? Tried to get a hold of speedoracle but never can get a hold of him.

Let me know! Thx :)

Kendall,

You are definitely a wonderful, gracious, and supportive person to offer the use of your garage and lift. Thank you!
thumbsup.gif

I hope to see you again soon at the Valencia meet. (Next one is this Weds. 8/27 :wink: )

Hey guys I'm looking to get my headers and random tech cats installed soon...

Anyone willing to help me out here? Tried to get a hold of speedoracle but never can get a hold of him.

Let me know! Thx :)

lol sorry. been working crazy hours on multiple projects + it the olympcs! life is on hold till its over... which is today :)

try pm. thats your best bet for getting hold of me.:biggrin:

Adjusting driver side height

Artmira

I don't remember exact settings but I recall driver's side height is intentionally slightly higher (without driver in car) so that when you're sitting in it, both sides are level.

I think there have been other posts on this and I believe it's in the shop manual

Back