• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Satin white wrap NSX

like this...
automotive_connoisseur_group_execstudio_wheels_p41_audi_r8_satin_brown_brushed_01.jpg
Is this owned by the CEO of Hershey?

......How is this material against rock chips?....../QUOTE]

I went from Grey to white 3 yrs ago .. easy to maintain, it will 'chip' in colder weather (I use all year round), but summer is fine

Look forward to your new look ...

If by chance you're not committed to white yet, and have a facelift, have you thought about satin grey metallic wrap??

regards, Paul

Attachments

• S2NSX high res 80mph.JPG
    S2NSX high res 80mph.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 208
  • P7031765.jpg
    P7031765.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 293
......How is this material against rock chips?....../QUOTE]

I went from Grey to white 3 yrs ago .. easy to maintain, it will 'chip' in colder weather (I use all year round), but summer is fine

Look forward to your new look ...

If by chance you're not committed to white yet, and have a facelift, have you thought about satin grey metallic wrap??

regards, Paul

Paul, shame on you!!! j/k

Lol I was just researching satin metallic wraps last night. thinking gunmetal paint job, spyker orange interior, satin metallic NSX-R wing and side mirrors.

The material I was selling (and used myself) is 60" wide. That extra 10" makes a huge difference sense you can slice the material width-wise in half and do the bumpers, doors, and front fenders in the 1/2 width pieces (30" width). I did my wide body with 11 yards. Here is the breakdown (roughly)

doors (25" x 60") x2
Bumpers (25" x 80") x2
fenders (25" x 36") x2
Roof (60" x 36")
Hood (60" x 40")
Trunk (60" x 40")
rear quarters (36" x 62")

I could see if you were using 50" wide material you would use as much as 2x the material (so 20+ yards)

I'm going to be doing my first DIY wrap. I've rebuild engines, worked on the NSX with no problems so I'd say I'm pretty competent to do the wrap. I don't see myself messing up, but just incase, how much more should I buy on top of the 11 yards you say is needed?

Edit: Lets say I want to do my door jams too.

Last edited:
Back