• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sato passes Alonso(Canadian GP)

I'm PISSED!!! My Tivo chose not to record it because it was on Fox and not Speed. 1st I missed Button's win last year, and now this!? I want to pull an Elvis and shoot the TV.

It's showing again on speed. I think on wed. at around Noon. I will be at work unfortunately, so I may have to set the VCR. I feel so old school saying that, I need to get that Tivo thingie.. I just don't know if I watch enough tv to justify it.

The combination of Alonso having an incredibly bad day and Sato having an uncharacteristically good one, made for some great Honda moments!

I loved it.

Re: Great Honda Moments

Well let's say that it ended better for the Honda family than it started. What was the final word on Button's stuck transmission?

What was the final word on Button's stuck transmission?

No more news - that I've seen anyway. This is the entirety of what Honda F1 has said so far:

"For Jenson Button this was a day to forget. “I went to select first gear at the start but there was nothing. I kept switching from neutral to first on the grid to try to clear the problem but it just wasn’t happening. The same thing happened when we tried to start from the pitlane. My race was over before it began which is obviously massively frustrating and that’s all we can say really.”

And I don't think we're going to hear more than that.

alonsodpa120rn1.jpg

Hahahaha :D

Sato was always a good driver, but seemed to suffer from the "red mist" too often. And while many of his passes looked fantastic afterwards, many didn't get that far. It was great to see him pass Alonzo with a team that as David Hobbs said, was ran on the budget equal to most other teams catering budgets! Now if only the factory team could pick up the pieces? Not even getting off the grid is embarrassing. :frown:

Sato was always a good driver, but seemed to suffer from the "red mist" too often. And while many of his passes looked fantastic afterwards, many didn't get that far. It was great to see him pass Alonzo with a team that as David Hobbs said, was ran on the budget equal to most other teams catering budgets! Now if only the factory team could pick up the pieces? Not even getting off the grid is embarrassing. :frown:

That is what confuses me. Anthony David seemed to be doing pretty good himself until he met with a lil mammal. Why is Factory Honda not on par with Super Aguri? Are they not powered and designed by the same people? :confused:

That is what confuses me. Anthony David seemed to be doing pretty good himself until he met with a lil mammal. Why is Factory Honda not on par with Super Aguri? Are they not powered and designed by the same people? :confused:

Powered by the same engine, not the same people. Maybe Super Aguri benefits from the fact that they are so much smaller, only 100 people employed. That would make things to move faster. I'm sure being so much bigger, factory honda has to deal with a lot of bureaucracy and middle management which slow things down. Also, Honda has a lot more to sort out with the new chassis which obviously is underperforming. Super Aguri is lucky that they are able to use Honda's last year chassis. If they had to come up with their own like last year, they would probably be still at the bottom.

Anyway, we'll see what happens with Honda. Maybe they'll get a little better toward the end/next year.

ak is correct. The engine is the same but the chassis is from Honda F1, designed by Geoff Willis (before he was sacked for gardening duty), with Super Aguri aero revisions. The difference with the two chassis is b/c of the new aero guy who comes from Honda's MotoGP efforts. His aero ideas make sense but didn't pan out in the actual running of the car.

Anyone else hear the speculation that Sato is rumored to be in line for Ralf Schumacher's spot at Toyota? Should that happen, Honda is going to be one pissed off organization. The sole reason why Super Aguri was set up was specifically b/c of Sato. Ouch!

Wow , what a race. Keep up the good work Sato. Honda better get their act together. For you Mac (Apple) gurus, i was reading somewhere on a forum that you can transfer video from a DVR to a Mac via Firewire. Have any of you figured it out/done it yet? I want to burn the whole season on DVDs. well from Spain GP on, i dont have the other races.

Re: Sato's place in F-1 history

Well, let's raise our glasses and have another sip of the Sato koolaid. :tongue: Who knew that the Red Bulletin Best Pass of the year award went to Takuma for sneaking by Nando in Canada? Check out page 4 of the #4 After Race issue. yee-haw !! :rolleyes:

Back