• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Saving a Zanardi’s life

When Zanardi #34 settled in, he quickly made friends. Cool to see the 'Zanardi Prototype' next to #34 and my Grand Prix White. Also, you may not be able to tell from the pictures, but Formula Red and New Formula Red are REALLY different when you see them in the sunlight.

94 NSX, 98 Zanardi Prototype, and 99 Zanardi 34.jpg

94 NSX, 98 Zanardi Prototype, and 99 Zanardi 34 in driveway.jpg

94 NSX, 98 Zanardi Prototype, and 99 Zanardi 34 in driveway sunset.jpg

94 NSX, 98 Zanardi Prototype, and 99 Zanardi 34 and Henny.jpg

98 Zanardi Protoype and 99 Zanardi 34.jpg

94 NSX, 99 Zanardi 34, and 10 M3.jpg

I would like to take a moment to ensure that this forum recognizes how truly fortunate we are to have a resource like Joe Lomoriello, and the team at Vince's Auto Body Works. The usual process of getting even normal work done to a car is typically nerve wracking on its own, but somehow Joe made sending this car 800 miles away from home (Indiana to New York) to get what was almost an impossible amount of heavy collision work repaired, absolutely painless. The documentation and updates of progress during the repair were second to none. Obviously, this car had a big journey ahead of it to get back on the road, but somehow Joe and his team made it no more stressful than walking my dog. Beyond that though, well......the results are simply mind blowing. Seriously. You would never be able to guess that the car was ever in an accident. Not only that, but Joe spent a lot of time cleaning up the poor body work done by a previous shop a few years ago during a parking lot encounter. I don't think it would be overselling it to say that this car is genuinely in better shape NOW than it was even before the "event" last year that took it off of the road. I mean....just look at this.

Zanardi 34 at Vinces Auto Body Works May 31 2018 (front compartment).JPEG

Zanardi 34 at Vinces Auto Body Works May 31 2018 (engine bay).jpg

Zanardi 34 at Vinces Auto Body Works May 31 2018 (Pass Side).jpg

Zanardi 34 at Vinces Auto Body Works May 31 2018.jpg

Not only was the end result MUCH better than I ever could have imagined, but Joe himself is a top shelf guy. He picked me up from the airport that was probably a 40 minute drive from his shop, arranged for my accommodations so that I did not have to bother doing it myself, was generous enough to treat me to a wonderful Italian dinner, but also packed me a "care package" of food and refreshments for my loooooong drive home. Plus, when I pulled a bone head move and forgot to bring a radar detector or phone plug for the car, Joe kindly pulled both out of his truck and said, "Here! Take these, and just mail them to me when you get home".

Ladies and gentlemen, there is no finer person in the auto body world than Joe Lomoriello and his team. There is not enough space on this forum for me to fully express how impressed I am with every single part of this process, and of course the stunning results. Thank you, Joe. I will be sending you my Grand Prix White soon for its refresh work as well. I cannot imagine sending it anywhere else.

Last edited:
hmm Joe should open a day-spa on premises...:tongue:

Joe is top shelf in every sense of the word. His work speaks for itself, and as a person/friend, he's top shelf too!!! Pray that you never need his work on your car, but know that if you do, it'll be returned to you, as good (if not better), than new!!!

Amazing work! Looks incredible.

I had the privilege of checking this car out Pre-Joe and Post-Joe and his team. I'm very impressed with the quality of the work performed on this car, for whatever that's worth. It's amazing that this car was brought back to life in the first place, but the workmanship is astonishing. The gaps are right on, the paint work is better than factory, all of the little details are right on, and you can just tell Joe and his team took a great deal of pride in their work on this car.

I'd say the luckiest person in this deal is the owner and I hope he gets to enjoy what is obviously a special car to him for a long time to come. Joe and Mitch did some serious karma building on this one and should be commended.
Great Job!

Amazing work Joe and his team. And thank you Mitch for sharing this with the NSX community

Amazing work Joe and his team. And thank you Mitch for sharing this with the NSX community

Happy to! Joe and his team really did a top shelf job. I was marveling over it again last night. Just perfect. I think the car is smiling. :smile:

I would like to take a moment to ensure that this forum recognizes how truly fortunate we are to have a resource like Joe Lomoriello, and the team at Vince's Auto Body Works............../QUOTE]

I 100% agree with this statement. Joe and his team are top notch and the nicest people you will ever meet! They did a super job on my 2002 and I have had no issues with it at all. We are lucky to have them around for us :smile:

Updates on #34 . The little guy is doing well, and went in for a door latch replacement and passenger side airbag this week. Hopefully he will be back on the road sometime next week. :)
Zanardi on trailer 101618.jpg

So, I am very lucky to report that 2 days ago I was lucky enough to purchase Zanardi Edition #34 from the original owner, and it now rests in my climate controlled garage with my '94 Grand Prix White NSX. It did not occur to me at the time, but a friend pointed out that I now have (2) NSX unicorns. I feel very fortunate to give this car a home. :)

Zanardi 34 day I bought.JPEG

Zanardi 34 and GPW NSX in garage.jpg

wow Mitch....nice collection.

sweet this would make a great car lovers read...

Hi all - I'm a writer with Hagerty, and the story of 34's resurrection deserves a feature if people are interested. I can call Joe's shop, but can Mitch shoot me a note? [email protected] Thanks!

Thank you for reaching out and chatting today! Looking forward to sharing the story of this very special car.

Last edited:
very sweet read

Update. Zanardi #34 is still doing well, and spending his winter in a very neat place with interesting friends, away from the cold and snow. :)

Zanardi 34 - Silo Auto Conservatory - December 2019.jpg

Zanardi #34 ('Alex') also got to visit some friends this year when I took him to NSXPO 2019 in Washington D.C. to play with Zanardi #4 , Zanardi #24 , and a real 1994 NSX-R.

Zanardi 34 - NSXPO 2019 - Zanardis 3 24 and 34 - October 2019.jpg

Zanardi 34 - NSXPO 2019 - Zanardi 34 and NSX-R - October 2019.jpg

I like the guy in the yellow shirt smiling! I would be smiling too if that was making taking the photo.

Having 3 Zanardi's next to each other is a neat sight to see.

Back