• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Say a prayer for Vinny

Paypal sent.

Lets show Vinny how wonderful the Prime community is!

Nate in DC

My Dad always tells me- "It's not you I worry about, it is the other guy"- It is such a terrible thing when the carelessness of that "other guy" takes someone away. My heart goes out to the Hollar family.

Once again I am proud to see this community rally to support it's membership.

Contribution sent.

P

Thanks to all who contributed. Thanks to those who, despite not having active PayPal accounts, are sending me checks to contribute to the cause.

We have reached our goal.

As of 1230pm on 12/26 we have raised $1150!!

Wei-Shen

Thanks to all who contributed. Thanks to those who, despite not having active PayPal accounts, are sending me checks to contribute to the cause.

We have reached our goal.

As of 1230pm on 12/26 we have raised $1150!!

Wei-Shen

Wei-Shen, Thanks for taking the lead on this, it's gestures like this that makes me proud to be part of this community. Although, we exceed the goal, I hope there will be many more contributions made before Wei-Shen writes the check to Vinny Hollar.

Mike

As of 1115pm EST on 12/26 we have raised $1480 for Rob Hollar's memorial.

There were so many contributions I had to add an insert to the card to hold all the names and well wishes. The NSX community is truly nationwide.

Thank you all for your help.

Lynn and I will be attending the funeral tomorrow along with many local NSX owners at 10am at St. Joseph's here in Orlando.

Wei-Shen

I extend my condolences to the Hollar family.

However, may I be blunt to say that I am not surprised that an Air Force Academy cadet was involved in this sort of recklessness. I have a certain disdain for that school and its students and this only cements my feelings toward them.

May I again say that I'm very sorry for the Hollar family and their loss.

However, may I be blunt to say that I am not surprised that an Air Force Academy cadet was involved in this sort of recklessness. I have a certain disdain for that school and its students and this only cements my feelings toward them.

While I know nothing about the Air Force Academy I do know that she(cadet)was an innocent passenger. So take your personal hatred of the Academy somewhere else.

Every person in every car has the ability to stop the action from progressing to a point where it would cause someone else or themselves harm. It was a race. A stupid mistake,yes. But preventable. :mad:
I'm sorry if I hijacked the thread with my personal convictions, however, it's a growing trend which stems from the environment of the place itself, but I suppose I can start another thread involving this to bring about awareness of how that place operates in Off Topic since many have no idea. :confused:

For now, I'll put these issues to rest and give this thread its just deserts.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Again I extend my condolences to the Hollar family.

The service for Rob was beautiful and touching. The church was filled with friends and family.

Vinny, Mary and Rob's brother Jonathan hosted a reception for everyone afterwards at their home in northeast Orlando. It was a time for all to heal and remember Rob.

Thanks again to all who contributed. I know that the Hollars were touched by all of you in the NSX community.

As the investigation of the case continues, I will update all of you.

Lynn and Wei-Shen

I am deeply saddened to hear of this tragedy.

My wife and I have had the honor of meeting Vinny and his wife at multiple Florida NSX events and would like to send our sincere condolences during this most difficult time.

The service for Rob was beautiful and touching. The church was filled with friends and family.

Vinny, Mary and Rob's brother Jonathan hosted a reception for everyone afterwards at their home in northeast Orlando. It was a time for all to heal and remember Rob.

Thanks again to all who contributed. I know that the Hollars were touched by all of you in the NSX community.

As the investigation of the case continues, I will update all of you.

Lynn and Wei-Shen

Agreed. The service was very touching!

It's hard to believe, but it's been a year already since this tragic event. Vinny and Mary would like to invite everyone to a memorial for Rob. Here's the invite:

December 21 is the one year anniversary for our loved Rob. A memorial is being set up with the NSX club and also the 350Z club, 2 cars Rob loved and owned.

The news media will also be present to be alerted to the fact that for this entire year Justin Lawson who killed Rob and also Lawson’s passenger Lindsay Brown, has not gone to trial and is able to go about his business and enjoy the holidays with his family.

The Hollar family would love if you were able to join us to honor Rob’s life.

December 21 2:00 p.m. Hwy 520, 2 miles south of Maxim Blvd, Orlando the crash scene.

God Bless,

Vinny, Mary and Jonathan

This past Friday the kid who was street racing his car and lost control, killing Rob Hollar, was finally arrested for his negligent actions. He set bail immediately, but a trial is being set and hopefully justice will be served.

It's been a year since the last post. Has there been an outcome to the criminal case?

Back