• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Science of Speed Twin Turbo

BMW & Audi have recently been directly competing against each other and have put up adds to sway the consumer.

As someone who just joined this forum, I want to know all the dirty shlt that you rarely every find out unless you have been on a forum for ages. Sure you can do all the research you want but some things can't be found as easily.

In the end, the decision is still made by the consumer, no matter how much drama is created on a message board.

I agree with your assessment. Just dont find out the hard way. If you read between the lines, then you will find out what to buy from whom. Some have mastered suspension and others have mastered delivery of OEM parts or race parts. People here seem to be pretty cool. Asking them can be helpful but watch out for the fan boys out there.

I have posted a reply online to address the negativity that you are reading.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1332694&postcount=10

This is obviously not a debate that will be resolved online, so this will be my one reply to this topic. However, I am always available with the most open of minds to discuss this individually.

back to work,
-- Chris

i guess you can't 'bench race' if you suck at real driving unless it just requires mashing the go-pedal and holding on:biggrin:

I just don't get it honestly. I see guys that spend a ton of money on their cars, and it sits in the garage so the miles stay low. I see guys spend a ton of money on a car's looks, but they too never drive the car very much. I see guys that want all this power, but I don't understand for what. Is it to beat a civic or a subie from a stoplight to another stoplight? Is that really all that fun? Its kinda short isn't it?

If taking your car to an HPDE and learning how to drive fast was a terrible experience, I'd understand. But its so much fun!!! Why don't more guys do this? How come so many people need 400+ HP? I bet John@microsoft could tool everyone but Billy on a track. He turned pro, and he had modded the $hit out of his NSX but his engine stayed at a stock 250 HP. Now if he decided to turbocharge at that point, I would understand why.

I realize it is fun to punch your car on a highway on-ramp and get to 65 in a hurry.... but.... then what?

I don't think all these guys realize what they are missing out on when you put playing around aside and learn how to DRIVE. It's like this really well kept secret... Of the maybe 500 active members here, I think about 20 of them actually track the car.

I love the twin turbo kit! I see in about one day there is over 100 posts on this thread. Thats got to be some kind of record. lol

Of the maybe 500 active members here, I think about 20 of them actually track the car.

Tracking your car is an expensive hobby and if you don't have a track close it sure makes it tough. I know the NSX is a much better car than I am a driver on the track, but there is nothing wrong with wanting a little more grunt on the street IMO.

The SOS kit looks like it would be a lot of fun on the street. Will it be as reliable as the LoveFab kits on the track? - I guess we will see. It certainly looks like a lot of time and research went in to building this kit and the quality is first rate.

Last edited:
Do you guys have any dyno charts on a stock motor?

In the end, the decision is still made by the consumer, no matter how much drama is created on a message board.

But that decision is heavily based on other peoples feedback thoughts and what the forums say.

Although i do agree it's controversial to have vendors argue/dish out in each others threads,

Anyway it's a interesting product that's why i'm posting here just out of curiosity and pure interest in the continual development of the NSX.
Are there any videos?

What happened to your poll thread on STMPO?

Unfortunately it vanished without anybody even saying anything to me, before I had a change to see the results. This isn't the right place to talk about it though.

Is the car in the video doing 500+ or 400HP?

The have a dyno, a video and a few pictures on their website that will answer 95% of the questions you've asked in this thread.

Im not trying to attack you Net in any way, but after being on prime 10 years, having 3 nsx's, one of them with FI you keep asking the SAME questions??:biggrin: It's like you haven't even READ what Chris has posted on his site about his system.

The have a dyno, a video and a few pictures on their website that will answer 95% of the questions you've asked in this thread.

Im not trying to attack you Net in any way, but after being on prime 10 years, having 3 nsx's, one of them with FI you keep asking the SAME questions??:biggrin: It's like you haven't even READ what Chris has posted on his site about his system.

Maybe I missed it but watching this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wsj-9T8B1I it does not say if that car is 500HP or 400HP or show any dyno graph or show a psi level.

Back