• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ScienceofSpeed AEM V2 (95-05)

Status
Not open for further replies.
my "story" has never changed. read it again.

PO bought it new. never used/installed it. sold it to me (~2018) .I bench tested it i never used it/installed it.
stuck it in my basement till i decided i wanted to sell it. sold it in the exact same condition as pictured. it arrived in that same condition.

it functions perfectly fine. everything is included as new. its literally less than half price of what a current offer from a vendor is. You cannot even buy this kit "new" anymore.

I'm guessing that the following statement......

i have a new/unused AEM V2 Engine Management System with proper ScienceofSpeed harness

Means what?

Bram

y'all are acting like i sold him a AEM and an ipod showed up. everything thats pictured in my ad showed up, functioning/complete.

I really dont think i ripped you off or have been dishonest. I reall
ortmi

You are either not understanding the definition of “New or unused” or you’ve convinced yourself that you did absolutely nothing wrong here. Per buyer, he trusted your word vs detailed photos of the unit.

It’s a damn shame. Price is irrelevant when the product is not as described. You should not be comparing the unit vs iPod, Sure he received the product but once again it appears you don’t understand you sold some thing that is not in condition you advertised

Dc-devil. Why are you letting this get this far? Just take back the ecu and re-list it as, used and changed the price accordingly. I will ship it back you the fastest way and pay all expenses. I DO NOT WANT IT. Again stop with your warranty this and that, and how much the ecu cost brand new. Like I stated previously, I can buy a brand new Aem infinity or Haltech pnp with a base tune for $1850 ship. The reason why I bought your ecu, was becuase you told me brand new never used, and came with a base tune. Took your word for it and paid your asking price. I would have offer you what a used Aem V2 goes for and understand that it was used. Point blank!!I am done with the games now. You knew fully well why the two stickers are removed. Now you’re saying your tuner bench tested it??Don’t play stupid with me now. READ your AD!!

Last edited:
i would say my used definition would be in a car, running, having a map loaded, being installed in a car, mounted etc.

this was sold to me as "new unused" as well? the harness is still stiff

i suppose we all have different definition of "brand new/unused" as this thread can attest.

to me, this was in brand new never used condition, i dont think plugging the ECU into a usb port to make sure it works makes it "used" or seeing the harness all works with a multimeter. I honestly thought thats about as good of condition as you can find a part thats been out of production for years could be at a heavily discounted price.

everything pictured showed up, everything functions (i checked), i even emailed the original directions for the unit from SOS.

i did not mess with any warranty seals but i still dont understand the significance of them for a warranty that does not exist. I should have just peeled them all off before i shipped it? this thread wouldnt even exist lol

Im guessing the PO maybe took a peek at the board, or tried to? i know i didnt.
i know he had it long enough the warranty expired even while in his possession.

Now the Seller is debating the meaning of the words NEW/UNUSED.......wow keep telling the changing stories!!!!

Come Mod let's get this cleaned up......these are Facebook excuses

Bram

i would say my used definition would be in a car, running, having a map loaded, being installed in a car, mounted etc.

this was sold to me as "new unused" as well? the harness is still stiff

i suppose we all have different definition of "brand new/unused" as this thread can attest.

to me, this was in brand new never used condition, i dont think plugging the ECU into a usb port to make sure it works makes it "used" or seeing the harness all works with a multimeter. I honestly thought thats about as good of condition as you can find a part thats been out of production for years could be at a heavily discounted price.

everything pictured showed up, everything functions (i checked), i even emailed the original directions for the unit from SOS.

i did not mess with any warranty seals but i still dont understand the significance of them for a warranty that does not exist. I should have just peeled them all off before i shipped it? this thread wouldnt even exist lol

Im guessing the PO maybe took a peek at the board, or tried to? i know i didnt.
i know he had it long enough the warranty expired even while in his possession.

I know you didn’t respond to me but new/unused means new and unused not slightly new or slightly unused. I have this stand alone. Mine is used and in better condition that your new one. Please explain that. Years don’t cause scratches, mounting it does. Something is fishy here.

Refund the man.

Mods step in here this is clearly fraud.

it is new and has never been in a car or used.

this is what a used AEM looks like, just so we are clear.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...with-harness-for-OBD2-95-05-NSX?highlight=aem

ill post this in public too. Im not trying to be a dick but im also not going to get dragged like i sold some junk or just refund you because youve changed your mind and wished you had gotten a newer unit. Everything functions, its all there. I just dont feel like wasting any more time with this on sunday morning.

my offer considers this is more what AEM charges to fix an AEM unit IF anything happens (it functions 100%), it now makes it the cheapest AEM V2 unit sold on this forum as far as i can tell. less than even what you are asking for your own unit, you can tune the unit however you like etc.

I am under no obligation to warranty/refund anything on a 10 year old discontinued ECU but i am making this offer because of my otherwise spotless feedback from selling probably more than most that have commented here.

Ravi,

I am trying to be decent about this but attacking me like i sold you some junk also isn’t fair.

I will send you back $250 if you like. It functions perfectly. everything is there as new. Thats more than the cost of what AEM charges to fix anything IF something were to go wrong (so its essentially a warranty)

I think you are making it a bigger deal than it really is for a warranty that does not exist and never will.

Shaan

There’s a clear definition of new/unused. You can try to justify yourself but it’s clear you misled and refuse to take ownership. Best of luck to the buyer, it’s unfortunate that you had to deal with this.

Offering $250 is petty. I’d like to see what the moderators opinions are here. If this is acceptable then I’ve lost every confidence of buying anything on here.

Last edited:
My opinion.....the original ad is guilty by omission...The further arguing of what is stated vs what is fact is frustrating...give back the $ and resell with all the facts..its called a redo...case closed..

I totally agree with this. He can resell it as used. I don’t think $250 will be sufficient.

Ravi

My opinion.....the original ad is guilty by omission...The further arguing of what is stated vs what is fact is frustrating...give back the $ and resell with all the facts..its called a redo...case closed..

On planet earth If an item bought from a vendor new is resold...even if never used ...it is now used...

***MODERATOR NOTE***

Folks-

NSX Prime is not Ebay or Paypal. We do not process the transactions, handle funds or provide warranties. Instead we are a car community who provides a classifieds section to help fellow owners find each other for needed parts. These are private transactions between private sellers. The site is not in a position to refund money or force others to refund money. Depending on the method of transfer, the buyer may have remedies available through the payment platform, or through a credit card company. He may also have legal remedies, though I am not a Canadian lawyer. He should look into those.

As far as Prime is concerned, it seems like we have a dispute between two long-time members over the advertised condition of an item. If I were the seller, I would accept the item back and give a full refund. I personally did this last summer when a buyer was not happy with one of my items (coolant tank- I listed it as polished aluminum and did not realize it was actually painted). I did so because I care more about being a well-respected member of the small NSX community than making a few bucks.

We do have some indirect remedies on the site. One is the buyer feedback rating, which Ravi can use to rate his transaction with RC-Devil. This will inform future buyers who may want to deal with RC-Devil. Another is to ban or suspend RC-Devil from the site for bad conduct. Based on my review of the posts, I do not believe such extreme corrective action is warranted here. In my mind, such action is reserved for really bad actors like Tamoske.

Notwithstanding the above, NSX Prime strongly encourages the buyer and seller to work this out in private, as we typically have done in the past. Fighting a public war on the internet will not generally yield a good outcome and both of you will come out looking worse. Figure it out, guys.

This is a good opportunity to remind ALL members of the most important rule of the classifieds forums: caveat emptor.

I'll leave this thread open for now and will discuss with the other mods this week.

Honcho

Thank you for that succinct summary!

Honcho, I agree with your assessment, and I believe that most Primers will refund the monies to the Buyer, if an item is not as advertised.

Let's get this resolved.

Bram

As an outsider to this sale I want to point something out. RC-Devil posted a picture of the ECU with the screws and sticker on one side intact. Ravi posted one without stickers and the screws are stripped. It looks like it traveled from the US to Canada based on the locations in the profiles. Is there the possibility that the unit was inspected by Canadian Customs? That would explain the tampering. This could be a shipping damage issue.

As an outsider to this sale I want to point something out. RC-Devil posted a picture of the ECU with the screws and sticker on one side intact. Ravi posted one without stickers and the screws are stripped. It looks like it traveled from the US to Canada based on the locations in the profiles. Is there the possibility that the unit was inspected by Canadian Customs? That would explain the tampering. This could be a shipping damage issue.

My past experiences with customs is that they cut the stickers where the two edges meet and not waste time trying to remove the whole thing.

Hi JohnWayne,

The seller gave me back $300.

I'm happy to see that some sort of remedy was provided, I hope it was sufficient enough for you [MENTION=23567]Ravalous[/MENTION]

Like [MENTION=18194]Honcho[/MENTION] mentioned you can provide marketplace feedback on [MENTION=32607]RC-DEVIL[/MENTION] if you feel it necessary at this point

Not to rub salt in the wound but this is also why we highly caution using the Pay Pal Friends and Family/Gift method of sending payment unless you trust the seller 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back