• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ScienceofSpeed NSX-R Engine Cover

Cmon, dude, the stock engine cover is a solid piece and the NSX-R is mesh. Which one do you think will have better sound insulation? :)

I don't think the stock engine cover provides a noticeable level of additional quietness compared to the nsxr engine cover

If you go plexiglass you would notice the different look a lot more then any difference in noise, but I believe you will never top the look of the oem nsxr engine cover

I am not debating what I think... I am telling you what I Know

see the nsx r replica in my avatar ? I built it piece by piece with oem nsxr parts so I am pretty confident in my assessment and actual experience with noise level with and without the engine cover

Your nsx has dual thickness glass between the cockpit and the engine bay (unless you have a zanardi) so not much engine noise makes it too the cabin even without an engine cover

To fit the oem nsx r engine cover on a targa car you need the coupe hinges and a couple of spacers per side. I like to use the comptech billet spacers that they made for use with the comptech engine cover, but you can even just use washers if you like.

To fit the oem nsx r engine cover on a targa car you need the coupe hinges and a couple of spacers per side. I like to use the comptech billet spacers that they made for use with the comptech engine cover, but you can even just use washers if you like.

The inner brace will also need to be trimmed for where it conflicts on the targa cars.

- - - Updated - - -

hi guys --

Just a note that our latest batch of covers will be shipping in 1-2 weeks. We've recently begun having the mesh panel laser cut and powdercoated. This should speed up production to lessen the lead time we've been having on these. Thanks for your support, it is one of our favorite parts we sell!

chris, no inner brace trimming is necessary with the oem nsx r engine cover, coupe hindges and the comptech engine cover spacers .

The targa kit does not include the pop rod on the right side of the cover since the cover can be used with the existing pop rod located on the shock tower brace. The targa kit does require the removal of the gasket around the perimeter of the engine bay for the cover to sit properly. If you no longer have that brace, we can supply the pop rod kit separately if needed. We posted two photos on a targa NSX:

carbon_targa_800.jpg

carbon2_targa_800.jpg

Is there a provision under the cover to insert the targa rod prop while holding it open?

Is there a provision under the cover to insert the targa rod prop while holding it open?

No there is not.

Update on my cover install- Had some issues with my engine cover and didn't look like it was going to sit correctly. Brought it to my friend's shop for a second opinion, he grinded off 2mm's per bolt (now 38mm instead of 40mm), and fits much better. Not perfect, but it's "OK" for targa owners. If you're a perfectionist, you might not like this, but its fine for me. I'll post pics later so you guys know exactly what Im talking about.

Sorry to bring back an old thread but was curious

Anyone care to update regarding any sagging issues with the mesh on these newer batches of NSXR rep engive covers?
For a coupe or targa

Last edited:
Back