• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ScienceofSpeed To Offer Factory-Style 2002-05 NSX Wheels

ScienceofSpeed to offer factory-style 2002-05 NSX wheels:
Lightweight die-forged wheels, JWL certified, produced from 3D scanning factory wheels for authenticity.

Details available here:
https://www.scienceofspeed.com/blog/scienceofspeed-to-offer-factory-style-2002-05-nsx-wheels/

One size specification and two colors will be initially offered based on feedback, with alternate specifications and colors to be considered in the future.
The production cost is very high to commit to a high-quality die-forged wheel to be offered at affordable pricing. Thus, we are relying on the community to provide feedback and commit to pre-order sales to reach a point where the project is economically viable. An initial pre-sale will be offered at discounted pricing with an initial $500 deposit. After a required number of 12 sets are sold, production will start. If the minimum sales are not reached within 30 days, deposits will be refunded. Once the minimum number of sales is achieved, the deposit becomes non-refundable. Depending on when production starts, wheels could be expected in late summer 2019. Expected retail pricing is $2,500 for a set, with one-time discounted pre-order pricing of $1,980.

We're conducting a poll in the NSX Owner's Facebook Group - which you can find a link to on the website above.colors_2048.jpg

I have never used this term before in such context, but "Thank you Jesus!". And the idea of a 17/18 flush wheel seems like a real addition to the NSX community. But I'll go for any of the three options. I think the stock paint color (BMW Silver) should be the best option to start since it mimics the stock look of the NSX OEM wheels.

Thanks for bringing this opportunity to the 1st Gen NSX community, Chris. I hope it works out.

Sign me up!

Great news, you can put me down for a set.

Tim

Chris, I hope this idea gains traction. Thinking it over, I'd predict the flush wheel design would be a better option. It would give the aftermarket OEM wheels some differentiation from HONDA OEM wheels and that could improve the "used market" trade value of the wheels down the road. However, I'm on board with any version SOS can get to the finish line.

17/18 flush in Washi Grey leads in polling.

966492ecbbe27d1d1cd886ccd1e02e69.jpg

Back