• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SCOOP from Japan NSX-R GT!

So I have a theory is that Honda only continues to produce the NSX so it can be represented in JGTC/Super GT purposes....

Seems strange that Honda would put this out with a 500hp turbo engine.. when they likely wont come anywhere close to that with the HSC.... why not use the HSC design?

Jim said:
So I have a theory is that Honda only continues to produce the NSX so it can be represented in JGTC/Super GT purposes....

IMHO I think that that arguement doesn't hold a whole lot of water. Toyota has had their last generation Supra compete in the JGTC series even after they canned the production model. If that truely was Honda's only motive for producing the NSX they would have stopped production a long time ago. That would have been a whole lot cheaper way to go.

So is this for real or not ?

wan888 said:
So is this for real or not ?

I'm pretty sure its real BUT all it is a Type - R with wider/longer bodypanels. So no turbo, no all carbon fiber body, nothing out of the ordinary other than only 5 in the world will be made.

As Ak pointed out I think they priced this thing super rediculous so that no one would buy it.

The Type-R GT was only made to make the JGTC/Super GT NSXs more competitive for 2005.

That's awesome. I'm happy to see ANY continued development on the NSX, even if it's not meant for general consumption.

In the meantime I can hope this is the beginning of further evolution (and hopefully something the US might see, along with a powertrain and interior upgrade).

Bad news fellas just came back from Japan where I visited Sorcery and GT ROM and spoke to a few NSX owners. The NSX-R GT is just for the 2005 spec changes to the Super GT NSX cars. I saw the brochure which Mr Sorcery paid US$75 hahaha its not CF or TT and all 5 have been sold. Its a bloody joke and even the japanese think its ridiculous.

Hi.. Hitoshi san and Inoue San said all were sold ? I can't believe anyone paid 50,000,000 Yen . I bought GENROQ magazine and you can buy Carrera GT and Enzo for the same price or a little bit more.

If it was a 500HP twin turbo monster, I could see why someone would purchase the car, but if they paid $500,000 for a NSX-R with 290HP and some ugly body add-ons, they need their head examined. :confused:

Oh well........ Looks as though no amount of wishfull thinking has been able to make Honda build the car they should have for 50 million Yen!

The other thing that this proves is some of those sayings are very true:

"A fool and his money are easily parted"

and "Some people in this world just have too much bloody money" (To quote Nicholas Cage in the movie Gone in 60 Seconds)

Back