• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Searching for Crossflow muffler for NSX?

I did check into the Magnaflow...but it turns out Magnaflow doesn't make a crossflow dual in and dual out. I would go for flowmaster or dynomax, but not looking for raspy sound. Any ideas other than these I've mentioned? Thank you.

C

Originally posted by ak:
What's the benefit of having crossflow muffler?? Just curious...

The custom system on my car is using a crossflow muffler. However, I assumed the NSX's all used a crossflow system because of the way the design of the exhaust is from the engine...I could be wrong, but I figured this is the way it is. Is your exhaust not a crossflow?

Originally posted by cormone:
I did check into the Magnaflow...but it turns out Magnaflow doesn't make a crossflow dual in and dual out. I would go for flowmaster or dynomax, but not looking for raspy sound. Any ideas other than these I've mentioned? Thank you.

C
The Flowmaster is only raspy if you don't run cats. If you have cats it has a deeper, mellow tone.

------------------

I would much rather go with a mellow tone...however I'm trying to locate a crossflow muffler that would work w/o cats. Anymore suggestions out there?

[/b][/QUOTE]
The Flowmaster is only raspy if you don't run cats. If you have cats it has a deeper, mellow tone.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Screwed up yet again. Intended for notslow.

I take it your running Flowmaster? Do you have a part/series number for the muffler? What style tips did you use?

[This message has been edited by KellyJoe (edited 14 January 2003).]

Originally posted by KellyJoe:

Screwed up yet again. Intended for notslow.

I take it your running Flowmaster? Do you have a part/series number for the muffler? What style tips did you use?

[This message has been edited by KellyJoe (edited 14 January 2003).]

I'm not running a flowmaster(just a custom Hennessey muffler cat-back system). The crossflow flowmaster part # is 42582. I've decide to check into the Magnaflows after all.

[This message has been edited by cormone (edited 15 January 2003).]

[This message has been edited by cormone (edited 15 January 2003).]

Originally posted by ak:
What's the benefit of having crossflow muffler?? Just curious...

Possibly not much, I had been misinformed and finally examined my muffler closer to find out a direct flow muffler is fine.

Back