• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Second Gen NSX at NSXPO 2014

I was wondering if anyone that spoke with Klaus asked the possibility of getting a 2nd gen NSX out to NSXPO 2014?

he was very vague about 2014 but very definite for 2015.....meaning we are still not sure about xpo 14.

It would be nice to know since SoCal would like to host NSXPO in 2014 if not in Mid Ohio. If they wait too long to decide and then decide not to host, then we and any other region would not have time to prepare. Just sayin..............

IMO they will bring it out in 2015 to coinside with the 25 yr anniversary.................just thinkin

My thoughts - we do Ohio regardless of expected 2015 NSX Concept actual launch date. Here's why…...Based on current information, Honda should have, at the very least, a pre-production car. I think with the relationship we did establish with Ted Klaus during NSXPO 2013, we would get an opportunity to see whatever stage the NSX Concept will be at that point (next September).

It was clear from an exchange during Mr. Klaus's presentation that club officers are in contact with those at American Honda about this very prospect - NOT that it is going to happen, but that the possibility has been proposed for consideration. I am sure that an announcement will be made if and when there is something to announce.

- - - Updated - - -

It would be nice to know since SoCal would like to host NSXPO in 2014 if not in Mid Ohio. If they wait too long to decide and then decide not to host, then we and any other region would not have time to prepare. Just sayin..............
This is a very legitimate consideration. I'm sure the club's board will take this into account.

- - - Updated - - -

Just speaking for myself, if I had the choice between (a) hosting NSXPO 2014 in Ohio and having a pre-production prototype on display, vs (b) hosting NSXPO 2014 elsewhere, and then having one (or more!) running NSX's at NSXPO 2015 in Ohio, with say Peter Cunningham giving people rides around the track at Mid-Ohio, I'd prefer the latter.

Why the "Say no evil" stance?

When something can be said, something will be said. We just finished nsxpo 2013 and all options are being discussed for 2014 and we obviously are aware of everyone's interest in the new NSX but there is always "behind the scenes" work that takes place. We are also acutely aware of regional lead times to put together an NSXPO but until we are in a position to discuss we just ask for everyone's patience.

I'm sure wherever nsxpo will be we will have some corporate exposure......but after spending some "private" time with Ted ...I was floored,and shocked to hear him tell me that they are planning on........................................................................................................................................................................................................................Lambo doors..............yikes....but heck he said how cool will that be!!!!!!!!

After the mind numbingly frustrating time I had trying to get Honda to cooperate with us for NSXPO'07, I wouldn't bet the farm on their cooperation on 2014. Honda has a way of making promises and then performing a 180 half way through negotiations. It is incredibly frustrating. In the end, we are a small group of enthusiasts, barely a blip on their radar. Yes, I am still butt hurt from 2007. Most will never know how much personal energy went into something that never happened. :-(

(b) hosting NSXPO 2014 elsewhere, and then having one (or more!) running NSX's at NSXPO 2015 in Ohio, with say Peter Cunningham giving people rides around the track at Mid-Ohio, I'd prefer the latter.

I would agree with this. Granted, I don't know what private discussions there were with Klaus but it seems like that would be taking quite the gamble just to see a prototype in 2014 when you could say without a shred of a doubt that you could have some in attendance for 2015. Plus, for 2015 there shouldn't be anything left under NDA so getting things like a factory tour shouldn't be as much of a stretch.

.... just thinking out loud.

Would just love to see the production facility where they are putting the car together and maybe the final version before the journalist and such. If they have to have a security guard and metal detectors to keep recording devices out, im ok with that.
It would be nice if current owners were given some type of consideration as we would be most likely to purchase the 2nd gen.

It would be nice if current owners were given some type of consideration as we would be most likely to purchase the 2nd gen.
More precisely...

It would be nice if original owners were given some type of consideration as we would be most likely to purchase the 2nd gen new.

:)

More precisely...

It would be nice if original owners were given some type of consideration as we would be most likely to purchase the 2nd gen new.

:)
Honestly, that comes across a bit snobbish. I would stick with the original assessment that all current NSX owners should be given some type of consideration from Honda given that we are more familiar with the brand than a typical shopper.

With that said, I have to say that I am disappointed that their marketing department didn't ship down the current test mule down with Ted Klaus to NSXPO. Not because we are future potential customers, but because we are current potential sales people. Without fail I get asked about the upcoming NSX when I attend a car show, and it even happens to me just when I attend a gas station (had it happen this past weekend for example). Getting us informed and excited about the upcoming NSX is a marketing opportunity that shouldn't be passed up by Honda.

With that said, I have to say that I am disappointed that their marketing department didn't ship down the current test mule down with Ted Klaus to NSXPO. a.

Car wasn't available. But getting Ted still a coup

Car wasn't available. But getting Ted still a coup
No argument there, having Ted there was a wonderful marketing move.

Again, if I was Honda marketing I would have highly recommended that Ted include in his talk: "we really wanted to bring the latest model down to you as seeing it in person really gives you a feel for things, but sadly the car was unavailable for XYZ reason"

No argument there, having Ted there was a wonderful marketing move.

Again, if I was Honda marketing I would have highly recommended that Ted include in his talk: "we really wanted to bring the latest model down to you as seeing it in person really gives you a feel for things, but sadly the car was unavailable for XYZ reason"

I can tell you that an effort was made to get the NSX Concept Car at NSXPO 2013. Scheduling conflicts with appearances in Europe and Japan would have required shipping the car back to the states and then back to Japan at considerable expense in between these events.

I was personally involved in these negotiations and can vouch for Honda's consideration to make an appearance. I think Ted Klaus' appearance at NSXPO 2013 speaks for itself.

John Komar - Co-Chair NSXPO 2013

Glad you chimed in on that John, you shouldn't be shy about disclosing information like that. Incidentally, I don't think I have said it to you directly - but you did a great job with NSXPO this year and I really appreciate all your time and effort.

Honestly, that comes across a bit snobbish.
Not at all. Acura is in the business of selling new cars, not used cars. Those who bought a used NSX for $25-35K are not likely to buy a new one for several times that amount, so they are really not the target market for the new car.

Of course, Acura is not likely to make such distinctions when dealing with (and, hopefully, catering to) the group of all NSX owners at NSXPO.

Not at all. Acura is in the business of selling new cars, not used cars. Those who bought a used NSX for $25-35K are not likely to buy a new one for several times that amount, so they are really not the target market for the new car.
If you really want to be critical, those of us who are 25 years younger are the more desirable demographic than the older car consumers.

Either way, pitching for preferential treatment for one group of owners is a slippery slope that I do not think should be embarked on, which is why I suggested it might be best to keep it neutral.

Last edited:
If you really want to be critical, those of us who are 25 years younger are the more desirable demographic than the older car consumers.

Either way, pitching for preferential treatment for one group of owners is a slippery slope that I do not think should be embarked on, which is why I suggested it might be best to keep it neutral.

I disagree. The demographic that they need to consider is the one with disposable income. Age, current ownership, Honda fan boyism....none of that matters. I wish it did, but let's face it, they need to move product. Not cater to your personal fancy.

At the same time, I do think that Acura's PR and advertising departments are a travesty. Same could be said for their concept design department, but at least the new NSX seems to be breaking the mold in some ways.

Of course, Acura is not likely to make such distinctions when dealing with (and, hopefully, catering to) the group of all NSX owners at NSXPO.

Exactly my thoughts............some of us paid over 3X that for a used car, and others 4X or more for new so highly unlikely anyone picking up a used car is going to consider buying the new NSX for over $100k. With such limited numbers being produced they will all sell out the day they are available and it really won't matter who buys them, other then they may one day join us at some NSX events with their new production model.

If flip'up doors, shut-up & take my money !-!-!

I'm sure wherever nsxpo will be we will have some corporate exposure......but after spending some "private" time with Ted ...I was floored,and shocked to hear him tell me that they are planning on........................................................................................................................................................................................................................Lambo doors..............yikes....but heck he said how cool will that be!!!!!!!!

Back