• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Security systems in aussie NSX's

Wondering how much the aussie NSX community knows about security / keyless locking systems installed in early NSX's by Honda Australia? Attached are two photos of the security wiring in my 91 NSX:

one photo shows the controller box extracted from under the passenger's feet, under subwoofer box. Also visible is another smaller box the controls central locking.

the other shows general wiring mess around the metal chassis behind the glove box that hod various electronic boxes, msot of which can't be seen. The empty slot is where the fatory centrl locking box goes.

Does anyone else have this type of security system? It has no manufacturer's marks on it at all.

Do we know whether Honda Australia imported NSX's without security systems, and had them fitted here?

Based on the woeful quality of the wiring workmanship in my car I'm doubtful, but it is an extensive security system. It includes a siren and another control box down low under the bonnet, plus a bonnet open detection switch. There's a LED on top of dash next to RH door pillar that flashes when the system is armed. If I don't start the car within say 30 secs of shutting the doors, it re-arms and then it won't start until I push unlock button on the key fob, which disarm with two flashes of the hazard lights.

Curiously it seems to have two remote operation antennae, one connecting to the box in the photo (see empty connector at base of photo) and another on a long ribbon cable to a little antenna about 30cm long velcro'd to the Engine Management Computer behind the driver's head.

Can anyone shed some light ?

thanks

Attachments

• NSX security controller.jpg
    NSX security controller.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 77
  • NSX security wiring.jpg
    NSX security wiring.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
excellent thanks for info .... I think quiktrak the systems that could actually locate, or disable, a stolen car? perhaps that explains the extra antenna ?

I'm guessing this means it was installed later in the car's life. I don't think quiktrak were around in 91?

Mine also had one fitted and I threw it all out. Similar junk install job to yours :frown:

yeah I'm think of ditching it too.
(the person most likely to be stopped by this system is ME :mad:)

Last edited:
Ditto my 1995 was fitted with Quicktrak along with the shitty Australian wiring! They are active in SYD & MEL, think its about $300/yr to get it monitored etc. I needed new remotes for my unit (it controls the central locking) and they were very helpful.......$75 for 2 remotes and they programed them and the box in ADL. Phone number for them is 1300 885 461 if you need anything.

Ditto again, my ex Sydney 94 had Quiktrak plus another alarm system installed on top of the Quiktrak. A very interesting wiring system :eek: Both now replaced, all they did was drain the battery in about 10 days. I miss the remote locking ,but hey I can start the car any time and no trickle charging required. Sparky, if you want parts just contact me.

thanks whywhite, altho I'm not expecting to need parts.

As fate would have it I know a work colleague who worked on the design of these quiktrak systems in the early days ... I'm pretty sure he'll be able to get hold of system wiring info for me. problem solved !

Last edited:
Back