• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Seibon Rear Valance lip in Carbon Fiber pics finally installed!!!

Thanks overkill, now can you be so kind to edit your post as well.... I figured there wouldn't be any snitches on this board, but thanks for the heads up

Does this warp from exhaust heat?

i'm quite certain i've seen one of this installed at a meet once. It started to bow down the middle on the bottom edge due to heat from the exhaust. This may have been an early version or it may be due to the lack of center rib vertical supports.

please someone prove me wrong because i'd like this as a backup myself...

Mine doesnt seem to bow down at all, maybe b/c mine is new??? Its made of fiberglass and carbon fiber, so I dont see it being a problem really in the future

mine.

nsx-0079.jpg

Anyone paint just the outer rear part of the valance right below the rear quarter panels?

I've done that.

Sorry, only low quality phone pic's.

Attachments

• 230295_10150254801740622_570255621_9400718_7826518_n.jpg
    230295_10150254801740622_570255621_9400718_7826518_n.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 538
  • 248970_10150254806610622_570255621_9400779_7373217_n.jpg
    248970_10150254806610622_570255621_9400779_7373217_n.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 534
Also I would like to know if the Downforce rear diffuser would too fit this too.

I would like to know also. Maybe someone could measure the middle piece where the diffuser mounts to. If it's the same length as the oem +02 then it "should" fit.

I purchased this from Dali(http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=2538) over a year ago for $350 and had the body shop paint and install mesh to make it look oem.
The only compliant I have is the bottom piece doesn't have any support and it catches wind/rocks during high speed. This makes it act as a sail and causes the piece to flex resulting in 2 cracks in the clear.
I thought about getting the Downforce rear diffuser for the '02(http://downforce.biz/cart/product.php?productid=16291&cat=290&page=1) but it won't fit.
Has anyone found a solution to this?

P45095910.jpg

P45096311.jpg

P45096812.jpg

I purchased this from Dali(http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=2538) over a year ago for $350 and had the body shop paint and install mesh to make it look oem.
The only compliant I have is the bottom piece doesn't have any support and it catches wind/rocks during high speed. This makes it act as a sail and causes the piece to flex resulting in 2 cracks in the clear.
I thought about getting the Downforce rear diffuser for the '02(http://downforce.biz/cart/product.php?productid=16291&cat=290&page=1) but it won't fit.
Has anyone found a solution to this?
Thanks for posting! I can probably come up with something but first a couple of questions.

1. With the Seibon, where you able to use the OEM lower bumper supports? See pic below..

2. Where you also able to use the OEM rear bumper triangle brace? Not in the picture.

attachment.php

Attachments

• rear bumper supports.jpg
    rear bumper supports.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,685
One things bothers me, from the direct rear shot it seems to look smaller than 02/DF valences making it still look slightly tapered like the 91 valence. Anyone else see this?

Thanks for posting! I can probably come up with something but first a couple of questions.

1. With the Seibon, where you able to use the OEM lower bumper supports? See pic below..

2. Where you also able to use the OEM rear bumper triangle brace? Not in the picture.

attachment.php

-No. The body shop took those out and fabbed their own.

-Not sure what you're talking about. If there's a pic of this part I can let you know if they used it or not.

-Not sure what you're talking about. If there's a pic of this part I can let you know if they used it or not.

1- you have to take those two pieces off.
2- you can use the two side triangle braces on the bumper. i reused a few of the stock hardware when i was installing mine. The issue with the diffuser catching wind is also something that i may fix, however i purchased this to keep me satisfied as i wait for a taitec bumper to become available.

1- you have to take those two pieces off.
2- you can use the two side triangle braces on the bumper. i reused a few of the stock hardware when i was installing mine. The issue with the diffuser catching wind is also something that i may fix, however i purchased this to keep me satisfied as i wait for a taitec bumper to become available.
Thanks for the insight again gents.

1. Were the oem pieces too long or too short?

2. I can't seem to find a picture of the triangle brace and I was specifically talking about the one that installs right down the center. It would be in the way if you had a center exit exhaust. It's good that you can use the ones on the side though.

I think the reason why this is a bit flimsy is because of the inability to use the factory supports so using as much of the oem supports as possible should help. I'll know when I get in there. I also know it's very thin CF. It's almost delicate. It's very light but very thin (you get what you pay for).

You can also fill the "sail" or the parachute section of the bottom piece with fire proof spray foam. That will add rigidity w/o little to no weight and will be fire resistant. It should also prevent any weird sagging. I'll give it a shot when i get some free time.

People should also know this is a two piece valance. The bottom piece is bolted on. It's also a copy of the GT One rear valance as best as I could tell.

Ya, those plastic support arms will not fit with the seibon lip and that triangle metal part your talking about, you cannot use that either, I tried =(

Back