• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Seibon Rear Valance lip in Carbon Fiber pics finally installed!!!

Ya, those plastic support arms will not fit with the seibon lip and that triangle metal part your talking about, you cannot use that either, I tried =(
I tried myself and it seems to work great. I kept the plastic supporting arms in place and realized it was so strong I didn't need to make provisions for the triangle bar since the grill I used made for some nice added support. Will post up pics on how I did this and how I stiffened up the center section tomorrow when i'm at my other pc. Hopefully it'll help you guys out.

No more floppy/flimsy Seibon CF rear!

EDIT: Here's what I did. Seems to be working out so far. I love that it's noticeably lighter than even the factory 91 valance. It turned out to be a lot more work than I expected but now pretty rigid.

1. Once you open the packaging you will notice it's not a 100% bolt on. For the price, I was ok with this and wanted to line it up myself for the perfect fit anyway. I had to mark exactly where I wanted the mounting holes to be drilled. A long meticulous process.
IMG_20110627_182722.jpg

2. This is where most people stop and think.. there's no place to install the factory mount. Where the factory plastic mounts, I call them "fangs" because they look like fangs, should mount does not exist. I consider this a fail on Seibon's part. This is how it comes...
IMG_20110627_192407.jpg

3. I added 2 more bolt/nuts to better secure the unit and notched it for the fangs. This is what I did.
IMG_20110627_193937.jpg

4. This is where I thought I had to make use of the factory triangle beam. Notice how the center section of the "diffuser" already is depressed/sagging in the middle. When seeing this on other cars I always thought it was the heat from the exhaust but it appears to come this way already. Another fail Seibon... I later realized I did not need the triangle bar because it was plenty rigid.
IMG_20110627_194407.jpg

5. I thought of a rather simple idea to address the sagging center while also adding extra rigidity. I had some left over home depot fire retardant spray foam which I filled the inside with. It's good to past 300degs. This made the "diffuser" super rigid and I was happy with that. I had to buy two kinds because I ran out which explains the two colored foam. I later coated any exposed section with left over bed liner material. It should be good to go for a while. Below was my first attempt. 2nd time was better lol.
IMG_20110628_182520.jpg

6. The fangs don't quite line up.
IMG_20110627_194426.jpg

7. I fabricated some simple brackets which I drilled and tapped for the factory bolt. This was the ticket for the added support. You can sort of see the finished install on pic #5
IMG_20110627_202530.jpg

IMG_20110627_201611.jpg

8. The finishing touch was to add a screen. My version bolts in 8 stealth locations. This ties everything in structurally yet still allows for a little bit of flex.
IMG_20110628_195116.jpg

9. Last was prime and paint. I suck at this and will be taking it to a pro.. probably to LT BMW.
IMG_20110626_071535.jpg

10. I'm pretty happy with the results. This is in "street" trim. I'm considering mounting a proper diffuser when I work on under body aero this next year.
IMG_20110704_191049.jpg

Last edited:
One things bothers me, from the direct rear shot it seems to look smaller than 02/DF valences making it still look slightly tapered like the 91 valence. Anyone else see this?

I thought it was just my eyes or bad angles, but I noticed it too

i like what ryu did, kind of overkill but that is the correct way of doing things.

Owners BEWARE, this weekend i exited off the freeway and this truck driver was yellin at me, i unrolled the window and he said part of my rear was falling off. i pull over and one of the bolts that secures the diffuser came loose and completely fell off. it was hanging by one side!!! No damage was done thank god, i went to a hardware store and picked up some bolts with self locking nuts, the ones with rubber on the inside to resist vibrations.

Anyone that hasnt replaced the the bolts please go get those self locking nuts or do what ryu did and added two extra on each side!!!!

anyone contacted Seibon and let them know about the flaws? who knows maybe, just maybe they will fix it.

4. This is where I thought I had to make use of the factory triangle beam. Notice how the center section of the "diffuser" already is depressed/sagging in the middle. When seeing this on other cars I always thought it was the heat from the exhaust but it appears to come this way already. Another fail Seibon... I later realized I did not need the triangle bar because it was plenty rigid.
IMG_20110627_194407.jpg

5. I thought of a rather simple idea to address the sagging center while also adding extra rigidity. I had some left over home depot fire retardant spray foam which I filled the inside with. It's good to past 300degs. This made the "diffuser" super rigid and I was happy with that. I had to buy two kinds because I ran out which explains the two colored foam. I later coated any exposed section with left over bed liner material. It should be good to go for a while. Below was my first attempt. 2nd time was better lol.
IMG_20110628_182520.jpg

Seems it's like the oem 02 rear valence on a pre 02 were you just need to add a 1 inch spacer where the traingle piece attaches to the lower part of rear valence.

Seems it's like the oem 02 rear valence on a pre 02 were you just need to add a 1 inch spacer where the traingle piece attaches to the lower part of rear valence.
pretty much yes. it's a little different in execution but the general concept is the same as adding the .75-1" spacer on the triangle bar for the 02+ rear valance.

IMG_20110628_182520.jpg

I have a tendency to over-do things :)

I also realized something funny in that pic. It looks like the lens on my Android has some curvature to it. The top of the bumper and the lower diffuser section looks bowed-in when in real life it's perfectly straight.

Last edited:
not to resurrect a dead thread but ... mine came in today. I will be adding the additional 2 bolts to the diffuser as well as using the foam inside the diffuser. I will post up pics in about a week.

I will be leaving it CF colored and my car is a 93 Sebring Silver.

I got mine from my local metal supplier (M&K Metals). They also sell them at http://www.mcmaster.com/

Most places sell them in different grid sizes and different materials. I'll be using an aluminum grid for the type R engine cover.

Regan did you make an aluminum piece in place of the steel bumper beam? or is that the STMPO bumper beam. I have mine off now and getting it painted that bumper beam is a dang anchor.

Regan did you make an aluminum piece in place of the steel bumper beam? or is that the STMPO bumper beam. I have mine off now and getting it painted that bumper beam is a dang anchor.
Hey Steven,

All my bumper beams are made by yours truly. Give me a ring anytime and I can talk you through it.

The measuring was a bit of a PITA but the overall fabrication was easy peasy.

Tools needed (to the best of my memory). Took me about 4-5hrs including dismount/install of the bumper.
1. 1 3/4" - 2" hole saw
2. proper size drill bits (can't remember what size I used)
3. screw taps
4. loctite

The front beam is actually much easier believe it or not.

bump from the dead, has anyone installed this successfully with either a difflow 02+ diffuser or RM quad tip exhaust? Thought i heard this was the only "kinda 02+ diffuser" that would fit a quad tip exhaust like the RM.

Back