• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Seinfeld's Car Is Up For Auction

.or Lord Gray.............

Great car and a great auction. It being #4 is something that the price doesn't reflect and someone may walk away with a heck of a bargain.
The color combination is a big winner, I really like Nord Grey and was sad to see it go. I was always baffled that Acura went with Jerry as I think he is a total prick and he is a huge porsche fan. Didn't surprise me in the least that he ditched the car. I would have gone all in with Jay Leno if I were in Acura marketing.

I will be cheering you on The Kid!

Last edited:
I was always baffled that Acura went with Jerry as I think he is a total prick and he is a huge porsche fan. Didn't surprise me in the least that he ditched the car.

I will be cheering you on The Kid!

Really? Seems like a really, really nice guy! I've seen his stand up routine and hear him on Spike's Car Talk radio podcast, seems like a genuine car guy and true gentleman. Like very approachable and cool.

That being said, the Seinfeld provenance has little to no value to me. People associate him with Porsche. It's a big option car, actually EVERY option but a few more bids and I'm out. Nord Grey would be my second to last color choice, black being the only color I wouldn't buy. Between the $5k fee, transport and everything else, I can order a brand new BASE with nothing which is exactly what I want for the same or less.

Really? Seems like a really, really nice guy! I've seen his stand up routine and hear him on Spike's Car Talk radio podcast, seems like a genuine car guy and true gentleman. Like very approachable and cool.

That being said, the Seinfeld provenance has little to no value to me. People associate him with Porsche. It's a big option car, actually EVERY option but a few more bids and I'm out. Nord Grey would be my second to last color choice, black being the only color I wouldn't buy. Between the $5k fee, transport and everything else, I can order a brand new BASE with nothing which is exactly what I want for the same or less.

Personal preference I guess. Despised him in his show and every time I have seen him in anything he has just rubbed me the wrong way.

I would bail if you aren't looking at buying this for the novelty of it being #4 and an exclusive purchase. I don't expect this to go for a deal as it has too much added value as a Car Show novelty item. My projection on this auction is sale price around $150-160k, but I wouldn't be shocked if it creeped even higher than that.

I was a potential bidder but it does not really make sense upon reflexion. For me the most important thing besides wanting the car is the 4yr warranty. A new 2018-19 decently optioned car can be had for about $135-$140K. This one (not my #1:color but acceptable) would have to be under $120+5 to make sense with less than a year left on its warranty. (I like Jerry but I dont think his talent rubs off extra $ on the car).
IMO #4 is not an asset. I am sure a bunch of production tweaks and unannounced improvememts must have been implemented in the first year or two. My 2c

Last edited:
I was a potential bidder but it does not really make sense upon reflexion. For me the most important thing besides wanting the car is the 4yr warranty. A new 2018-19 decently optioned car can be had for about $135-$140K. This one (not my #1:color but acceptable) would have to be under $120+5 to make sense with less than a year left on its warranty. (I like Jerry but I dont think his talent rubs off extra $ on the car).
IMO #4 is not an asset. I am sure a bunch of production tweaks and unannounced improvememts must have been implemented in the first year or two. My 2c

Exactly my thoughts, Looking like a Curva Red, zero option car with Y Spokes in my near future.

hmmm I heard he was a ladies man.....

the jets are well priced but small.....nice option though for a wealthy family that can fly themselves...

Back