• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Selling my NSX for a sports sedan

Looks like it's time to sell my baby (updated all red 91 with 97 wheels) because of the arrival of a real baby. We need 4 doors and a back seat!

Question: What 4 door sports sedan would you purchase? Looking at a price range in the 40-50's, so probably a fairly new used vehicle.

Current thoughts:

BMW M5
E55 AMG
AUDI A6/A8
wait for the new chrysler 300 srt-8 425hp hemi

:confused:

For the Audi, you probably mean the S8. Same as the A8 but with 360hp. I am on my second A8 and I love the cars. Great car for the 2nd-3rd owner because of heavy depreciation. The Quattro is great in all weather. I have driven an '01 M5 which is fantastic, but if you are in a winter climate area, it would be terrible in bad weather. The Mercedes I have never driven, but I think you may have the same problem as the M5 with bad weather.
For rarity, they are all about the same, but most people see the lesser siblings of the Mercedes and Bimmer every day. I rarely see another A8/S8 on the road.

M5 if it doesn't have to do winter duty. For a winter car, the S8 or an RS6 if you can swing a bit more coin (low 60s).

i'm pretty smitten with my 04xjr (jag). The base xj 04 with the new all alum platform is purchaseable in high 50's. To get comparable performance, however, you need the xjr which is significantly more expensive.

might want to consider the new volvo s60r. That thing is all wheel drive, handles great, pretty fast, and has the MOST comfortable seats of any car. imo styling is pretty sweet too.

melmark said:
Looks like it's time to sell my baby (updated all red 91 with 97 wheels) because of the arrival of a real baby. We need 4 doors and a back seat!

Question: What 4 door sports sedan would you purchase? Looking at a price range in the 40-50's, so probably a fairly new used vehicle.

Current thoughts:

BMW M5
E55 AMG
AUDI A6/A8
wait for the new chrysler 300 srt-8 425hp hemi

:confused:

Why sell it? Why not use your CLK or you Cayenne? I had a baby and didn't sell mine.

ANYTIME said:
I was thinking the same thing!

Ditto, especially with the overall functional ability of the Cayenne. Very nimble, Very Fast, Pretty darn sporty(For a truck) Drives very much like a big sedan. Unless you want your family to be with you everytime you fire up the car to go. If so I kinda understand.

jlindy said:
Why sell it? Why not use your CLK or you Cayenne? I had a baby and didn't sell mine.

The wife has the cayenne. We used to be able to take the "X" out together, but now baby makes that impossible. I want to take my car out with the fam as well. The CLK is on the selling block too (don't like it for various reasons).

The M5 is looking pretty good right now. I'm in socal so weather is not an issue.

melmark said:
We used to be able to take the "X" out together, but now baby makes that impossible

I was in the same boat. Believe me, you'll need the NSX to take a breather now and then (with someone babysitting). The NSX is a great stress reliever and very theraputic. I never wanted to leave my daughters side, but now I am ready to take her with me driving. My nsx used to be my wife and myselfs weekend cruizer, but now it sits quite a bit. Shelby (my daughter) is 27mos. now and she says "vroom vroom" when she sees my car. A Shirley Muldowney in training!!!

melmark said:
The wife has the cayenne. We used to be able to take the "X" out together, but now baby makes that impossible. I want to take my car out with the fam as well. The CLK is on the selling block too (don't like it for various reasons).

Just curious what you don't like about the CLK if you don't mind sharing. I always liked that car and was thinking of getting one. I keep hearing Mercedes forums people say it takes some money to upkeep but it isn't that bad, but they probably are biased.

To stay on topic, my NSX is going to my brother because of my 1 year old son. I'm not fortunate enough to be able to keep the NSX and get another good family car (My wife has the RX330) so it will go for now. I might get another one after my son starts pre school in a couple of years. Of your choices I like the E39 M5 and E55 AMG. If you are talking about the new M5 than I'd go with the E55 simply because I don't like the new 5 series look.

melmark said:
BMW M5
E55 AMG
AUDI A6/A8
I've either owned or at least driven all of these rides. Nothing will disappoint you. Though for shear driver involvement, the current M5 (not the new one) will give you more smiles. Both the E55 and the Audi A6, or even the RS6, are rockets in a straight line. Though the M5 defies its mass in its ability to dance on the edge around corners and sweepers. All the pedals are set up perfect, for heal-and-toe that hard to find better expect on a Porsche, or a race car.

Can't help but notice if you can afford the M5 or any of the others :wink: ....well if it was me I'd keep the nsx and just buy a cheaper family car if ego allows :biggrin:
My kids love "the red car"!!! My daughter has yelled at me for not picking her up in it.... :smile: :smile:

Back