• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Senna stuff (Vance, Adeel & other fans)

Some A. Senna stuff for you guys (specially |Adeel| and Vancehu :wink: )

One of his Portuguese NSX for sale by is current owner, a Honda Dealer owner. The NSX has only one registration, and the current owner didn't register in his own name to keep Ayrton Senna's name in the Portuguese Property Document.
I did talk to a guy that had this document in his hands and read Senna name as well as the 001 or 002 (don't remember which one) in the VIN.
If you see the rear license plate, it reads "SX-25-59", exactly the one that appears driven by Senna in a tribute DVD to him, sold here in Portugal.

An excert from Autocar:

One of the reasons why the original Honda NSX was so good was because it was developed partly by none other than the late, great Ayrton Senna. He helped sign off the chassis and went on to own several examples during the Honda/McLaren years.

But undoubtedly the seminal Senna/NSX moment arrived one afternoon at Silverstone in July 1991. Road test editor at the time Andrew Frankel hitched a ride with the master and his NSX for a few flat-out laps. In the pouring rain. Here are some choice cuts from his account of this remarkable occasion.

"As Bridge hove into view, Senna had the Honda howling past 100mph. I was awestruck but not concerned. He had done as much on the last lap and I could remember where he would brake, shed 30mph and guide the nose of the NSX to the apex and beyond.

But it seemed Senna had forgotten this time. As we sailed past the point of no return at unabated speed, my voice, which had tried to record every detail of this ultimate experience for posterity, fell silent on the tape recorder. The time for talking, it appeared, was over. I started to curse that devil within me that had sneakily switched out the traction control before he climbed aboard.

Then I remembered that man sitting just an armrest away... and although I knew that not even he could get the NSX through that corner at that speed, I knew also that, somehow, it would be all right.

He twisted the wheel into the corner and then he braked. As he did so, the rear of the Honda flew into its inevitable, almighty slide that said unequivocally: 'I am taking you and Mr. Senna off the track and I'm not coming back.'

Mr. Senna, however, had other ideas and simply pressed the pause button. This facility, denied to you and me, allows the finest drivers in the world to slow down the action to a more manageable speed and, in the case of a fast-moving NSX tail, stop it altogether. With a twist of opposite lock and just the right amount of throttle, it slid no further. It didn't come back: there was no need. It just hung there in a state of suspended animation, a few degrees off line, waiting until the nose kissed the rumble strip on the apex before snapping straight as we swept back towards the pits.

We exit Stowe broadside at 80mph, a wall of spray pluming behind the Honda as Senna plies an inch-perfect line, just one hand on the wheel.

That's the one moment of my afternoon with Ayrton Senna I'd bottle if I could."

Tribute Video
Senna overtaking Prost
Senna teaching Schumaker how to drive :biggrin: :biggrin:
Another Tribute
Pole Position Lap in Suzuka GP
Senna hits Prost in Suzuka
With a shitty car, Senna try to stay ahead
Senna in the rain, from 4th to 1st in the first lap
Yet another tribute to the Man
All the above can be saved, just right-click at the orange line just below the mediaplayer applet
NSX Type-R suzuka lap (as if you didn't already saw :biggrin: :biggrin:)
Senna at Monaco doing a Record Lap (look at a stressfull driving :eek: )
Same Monaco Lap, but better resolution

Photos:
The red one was his and the black one was his brother's. Both in Brazil.
pbpic1105892.jpg

Proper care of his NSX :biggrin:
po_uli1.jpg

Last edited:
Wow!! I always wondered where all of those cars went, and how many of the current owners know the history of their cars. How much are they asking in American currency??

150000€ = $188000 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Huge pille of money if you want a used NSX....

.....small pille of money (if you have the $$) if you want a piece of history

Priceless if you are a NSX fan. It would be cool if you could get it over to the States without the hassle of customs/importers. Imagine what that thing would get at Barrett Jackson?

i don't know how the US customs work for imports...but here in Portugal, the hard work is to legalize a car so you can drive in the street.... if i buy a US car to trackdays ...all i have to do is to buy, pay shipping, pay customs the proper tax for the goods and thats it....

Interesting...I wonder if there's a way to get the VIN for posterity's sake. This has got to be one of the most valuable NSXs around.

I can't believe you missed THIS ALL-TIME CLASSIC! (For higher resolution BUT crappier sound quality CLICK HERE INSTEAD....)

And you dare to call yourself a Senna fan? Some nerve you have! ;) :D

Here too! Watched him race Brundel in the F3 days before F1. Sadly missed but his legend lives on.

regards, Paul

Attachments

• senninha1234.jpg
    senninha1234.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Senna.jpg
    Senna.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 215
Screw all Porsche's and Ferrari's and the fact that red on NSX is not my favourite colour - this car i f'n PRICELESS :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I seriously need to come up with a patent or something to make quick cash :eek: :eek:

OMG best thing I've heard all day!! My pet died today, I have been i great sorrow. But this was just sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

Go give him a bid for 35.000 € and I'll be on the first flight lol ;)

Going on a Senna road trip ...

...To Rome, Italy.

Leaving Weds evening to get into France for an early start on Thursday. Stopping of at Lake Como in the evening. Friday am plan to hunt out the Zonda factory then should arrive Friday afternoon in Rome:smile:

So why is this a 'Senna Road trip'?

I spotted this 3 day event to celebrate the success of the Senna foundation and remember his acheivements.

Details of the event to celebrate 15 years of the foundation can be found here http://www.ayrtonsennaanniversary.com/ Since its launch in '94, the Senna foundation has donated over e70m to underprivileged children and teachers for these children.

Return journey will give me a second run through the Swiss tunnels :biggrin: on route back to the UK and a round trip of approx 2500 miles :cool:

Regards, Paul

So I was slightly out on mileage, clocking 2237 door2door round trip.

Heres a few photo's ....

Regards, Paul

Attachments

• Display.jpg
    Display.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 136
  • Suzuka 93.jpg
    Suzuka 93.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 81 & 88.jpg
    81 & 88.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,060
  • 93 glove.jpg
    93 glove.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
i wish this was just a few weeks ago. took my first trip italy and was there for over a week, and at the end of it all, i found out that the italian formula 1 gp was the following weekend, and the week after that, the a. senna exibit would be open in rome.

bollocks!

Mark me down as a Senna fan. One of the main reasons I want a NSX.....

Tempting but then I hate the thought of keeping it bubble wrapped or the thought of driving it like it's just another NSX.

Back