• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Set of 4 NSX stock wheels for a 2005

So, I just purchased my 2005 NSX and it came with some aftermarket wheels. Now I find out that the dealer also has the stock 05 wheels with tires that came with the car when he purchased it. However, he will not include the stock wheels in my purchase. Im trying to determine what a fair value would be for me to pay for the stock wheels and tires if I decide to purchase them. Dealer says will sell them to me for $250 a piece if i want them.

Im not sure what a set sells for these days. Any opinions?

So, I just purchased my 2005 NSX and it came with some aftermarket wheels. Now I find out that the dealer also has the stock 05 wheels with tires that came with the car when he purchased it. However, he will not include the stock wheels in my purchase. Im trying to determine what a fair value would be for me to pay for the stock wheels and tires if I decide to purchase them. Dealer says will sell them to me for $250 a piece if i want them.

$250 a piece is VERY good price for 05 stock wheels. Peoples are selling these wheels for $1200 - $2000 on Prime.

Last edited:

you can buy them and flip them for a profit...fyi

Yup $1000 for all four is a really good price.

We paid $1500 + shipping for all four. Two front tires were near perfect; no tires at all in the back. IMO we paid fair market price.

Am I the only one here who thinks the dealership's being A-holes? Come on what are they going to do with the stock 05 wheels - put them on a Merc?

Tell them to eat it or give them to you as that's just lame...they came with the car regardless...if they don't budge then say look $150/wheel final.

I'd be rather upset that they didn't include them in the selling price from the onset. :mad:

If you really want the OEM wheels, I would ask the dealer to take the aftermarket wheels off and put the OEM wheels back on the car before taking delivery. That's what I would do. Good luck.

If you really want the OEM wheels, I would ask the dealer to take the aftermarket wheels off and put the OEM wheels back on the car before taking delivery. That's what I would do. Good luck.

Exactly as slamstrom says. I saw your other post. Those aftermarket wheels are not NEARLY as nice as the factory wheels IMO. Factory wheels are very light, very strong FORGED wheels from BBS. I'd tell them I want the stock wheels and let them keep those other ones. Factory 02+ wheels without tires are probably worth around 2K. I am not sure you would get 1K for those other ones.

2002+ wheels are around $1500-1800, in good condition.

I would be pissed off if they tried to charge me for them, I think if you get angry enough, they will throw them in. If this is not your style, perhaps talk to the sales manager, and try to negotiate a price where you both save face, even if only for piece of mind.

$1000 is fair, but I wouldn't want to pay it for something Honda included with the car from the factory.

$1000 is a killer deal. Since you already spent the $70k or so on the car, wheel and deal them to see if you can get it for a bit less. I'd talk to someone over his head if possible and give them the notion that THIS happy customer who obviously has the cash(or credit) will very well likely be a returning customer if they do the deal right with you. Go to someone above em. You just purchased the most expensive Acura ever mass produced.

Exactly as slamstrom says. I saw your other post. Those aftermarket wheels are not NEARLY as nice as the factory wheels IMO. Factory wheels are very light, very strong FORGED wheels from BBS. I'd tell them I want the stock wheels and let them keep those other ones. Factory 02+ wheels without tires are probably worth around 2K. I am not sure you would get 1K for those other ones.

I bought a set of the 02-05 OEM wheels for my 97 from a local Prime member. I like it a lot better than my 97 wheels, also more options for replacement tires.

Last edited:
Am I the only one here who thinks the dealership's being A-holes?
I don't. You agreed to buy the car with aftermarket wheels, no others included, for a given price, and that's what you did. You were happy enough with the deal to make the purchase. The deal is done; there's no reason to expect a change after the fact. (It's like asking the dealer to lower the price after you bought the car.)

Presumably the dealer figured they could sell the stock wheels somewhere, which they're entitled to do. They're under no obligation to do anything for you. In fact, their willingness to sell them to you for $1K is pretty awesome on their part. But if you think it's unfair, don't buy them - I'll take them! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Greetings

I would ask for the stock wheels. How good are the tires on the stock wheels? I would then negotiate for the aftermarket wheels. The offset kind of restricts what the wheels will fit without adapters and the like. I think $1K is a good offer price.

Martin

Set of 4 NSX stock wheels (brand new)

Thanks for all the advice. I picked up my car today and I did purchase the set of 4 stock wheels and tires. The tires were brand new and looked as if they have never touched the ground. My opinion is the dealer should have told me they existed from the beginning and included them in the purchase. However, is was a good buy and the dealer gave them to me for $800. I plan on keeping them for now but if I change my mind and do sell them I will post them here.

Thanks again,

Back