• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SF City body shop to repair this! (PIC)

Hi all!
Last night a drunk driver on his cell phone(according to the witness) side-swiped an SUV prior to rearranging the back of my '92. And before you ask, no, the witness did not take down the plate of the drunk driver. :confused:

Would any of you have a body shop to recommend either here in the City or close by? I moved here 4 weeks ago and haven't a clue which shops are reputable.

Very much appreciated!
-C

Attachments

• DSC00168s.jpg
    DSC00168s.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 243
So sorry to hear of your misfortune. It's a terrible way to be welcomed to our great city. You'll find your fellow Prime members in the Bay Area to be of great benefit.

Brooks Motor Cars - One of the bests

http://www.brooksmotorcars.com/

Sorry to hear about the hit and run. I also highly recommend Brooks Motor Cars. I've taken my NSX to them and was 100% satisfied with their work.

They opened up a new facility at 166 Wisconsin Street in San Francisco about a year ago. The phone number is: 415/431-9999

Good luck.

Mike

Ouch. I've seen your car parked on the street down off Union and every time I drove by I prayed that one day you could get a garage for your NSX. Luckily the damage isn't horrible, let me know how the repair goes.

-Tai

Brooks Motor Cars it will be! Thank you for the recommendations.

The accident occurred on Greenwich between Webster and Filmore in Cow Hollow. If you see a black Mitsubishi Eclipse 2-door or the like driven by a white dude with a tattoo sleeve down his left arm, you know who wants to talk to him!

I love my NSX but have no real need for it here in the City so I considered selling it. Sadly, the market is awful for luxury cars right now so I think I'll hang on to it. I joked the other night the car would get vandalized within a month out on the street so this counts, right?!

Thanks again,
-C

Sorry to hear about the hit and run. I also highly recommend Brooks Motor Cars. I've taken my NSX to them and was 100% satisfied with their work.

They opened up a new facility at 166 Wisconsin Street in San Francisco about a year ago. The phone number is: 415/431-9999

Good luck.

Mike

It was partly because of Brooks Motor Cars that Mike's NSX was once the nicest NSX in the Bay Area. That was before James came along and took the trophy away from him.

Good luck.

Mike

It was partly because of Brooks Motor Cars that Mike's NSX was once the nicest NSX in the Bay Area. That was before James came along and took the trophy away from him.

Lets be very clear on this, I gave the trophy to James, he did not take it away from me... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Quick update:
Came back from a jog today and cooled down while looking over the damage on the car when I find a scrap of paper under the wiper. It reads,

"Hi- I saw the car hit your car the other night. I just wanted to make sure he left a note. Call me if you need to discuss this."

I call the person and they have a plate#, description and a play by play on the whole incident! They were sitting in a parked car across the street not 30ft. from the impact. They had a very bad feeling the guy would not do the right thing and leave a note.

I updated the police report and it's been transferred to the Hit and Run department from the You Got Screwed, Sorry dept. My new witness-friend will be getting a lovely dinner out of this and I'm restored in believing I made a good decision coming to the Bay Area.

I'll post pictures of the repaired car when all is done.

Cheers guys and Happy Friday! :biggrin:

Quick update:
Came back from a jog today and cooled down while looking over the damage on the car when I find a scrap of paper under the wiper. It reads,

"Hi- I saw the car hit your car the other night. I just wanted to make sure he left a note. Call me if you need to discuss this."

I call the person and they have a plate#, description and a play by play on the whole incident! They were sitting in a parked car across the street not 30ft. from the impact. They had a very bad feeling the guy would not do the right thing and leave a note.

I updated the police report and it's been transferred to the Hit and Run department from the You Got Screwed, Sorry dept. My new witness-friend will be getting a lovely dinner out of this and I'm restored in believing I made a good decision coming to the Bay Area.

excellent news

Quick update:

That's great news. Provided the other guy is in insured, your insurance should waive your deductible, at least that is what AAA does for me when its the other persons fault. AAA also makes sure the other guys insurance pays for a rental up to 30 days and longer under special circumstances. Just work with Brooks Motor Cars on when you should bring in the NSX and they are aware that you have the rental up to 30 days.

Good luck,

Mike

Great update!
I'm glad to hear that the guy will get what's coming to him.
Please post pics once your car is repaired.

Quick update:

YAY! this is a big win for all of us that have had lame hit and runners. hope the repair doesn't take long.

Quick update:

I think folks in that part of The City are great... I lived on Filbert (between Laguna & Buchanan) for 33 years and kind of miss the walk-everywhere-for-everything now. Had the NSX there (garaged) for twelve of those years.

That's nice of you to treat the whistle-blower to dinner. I got similar treatment when I saw a gal fail to leave a note after tagging a Porsche.

Good news, and keep us updated.

The owner of Monster Cable in the SF area flatbeds his cars (ferraris, Porsche, etc.) to The Works in Santa clara.

I use them too.

Some of the cars that he does wonders:

Ferrari_F50.jpg

f550maranello_haupt_ma.jpg

If you want to see my black NSX with his work u would be hard press to figure out what was and wasn't repainted.

bathanger4.jpg

And he did my RX7:

batman12.JPG

I took the car in for repairs at Brooks on Monday with an initial estimate of $6.5k and 10 days to finish. Brooks was quick to spot additional work needed so the number has been slowly rising. Brooks has been great so far and look forward to having the car back soon!

Also, it looks like another Prime member is having a white Coupe completely resprayed. Anyone we know?

-C

Back