• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Shift lever: Type R or Type S or none of the above?

I am looking for a shift lever to replace the OEM one in my car today since i am considering installing the Zanardi shift knob or the Type R shift knob. I wanted to see is anyone knew if there is any difference in the Type R version "shift lever" and does anyone know if this part is specific for RHD? Or is the OEM Zanardi lever the LHD US version what I need to purchase?

I see this on SOS http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/gear_lever_stalk/ but some of the headings say "short gear stalk" but once I click on it, and drill in, it looks like the exact same as OEM but instead a straighter stalk with more threads. So is it actually physically shorter as well? Has anyone purchased this part? Is it an OEM part? or is it SOS replica?

I believe the SOS short stalk and Zanardi are the same parts. The Zanardi has more threads on it so your can mount/screw your shift knob lower than the regular stalk would have allowed you to.

This is GREAT info on the install! Thanks! I guess I am now trying to determine if the one on the SOS site is in fact the TYPE-R stalk or the TYPE-S stalk. Or is it merely a replica of one of those 2?

Read a review about the shift lever (and more) HERE.

By chance have you purchased either of these? I don't have a preference at all, I am really after the differences between parts, just so I can make an informed decision before purchasing.

I believe the SOS short stalk and Zanardi are the same parts. The Zanardi has more threads on it so your can mount/screw your shift knob lower than the regular stalk would have allowed you to.

Last edited:
I purchased and installed the SOS short stalk and the short shifter kit. Really makes a difference. I also modified mine by cutting it down by 1.5 inches shorter since the threads go pretty far down. It now has a short throw and sits nice and low. I also did the same to my friends 03 Silverstone NSX.

Back