• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Shocked!

You know what really gets me fired up??
When someone buys a used early model NSX for under 16k and is shocked it needs 5k worth of work, damn newbies
It's not my fault no one took care of it for 20 years

I'm done doing ppi's

I always thought the buyers for these types of deals would make refurbish-to-mint projects out of them within a reasonable overall budget.

The car needed
Timing belt, water pump, cam seals, crank seal, cam end plugs, camshaft angle sensor, valve cover gaskets/tube seals and grommets , TW sensor<coolant temp sensor for ECU, Thermostat and gasket, ALL hoses, coolant tank, radiator drain and vent/bleed o rings
Fuel filter and injector o rings , possible spark plugs possible rear bank coils
Brake and clutch master cylinder were Visibly leaking, slave was original and rusted up
oil pan leaking, Vtec gaskets leaking, oil cooler/oil filter stand/base leaking
oil pressure switch and adaptor to head orings, all leaking
Drive belts
main relay
electrical part of ignition switch
All stereo and amps need attention, head unit poor condition
Rear brakes, pads and rotors, bleed system ,clean and lube front caliper pins
Left rear outer tie rod , alignment
Clutch needs inspection ,with motor and trans out on the stand , felt release bearing dragging , trans seals and fluid at a minimum
hatch and trunk struts

so what you are saying is Jiffy Lube won't cover this when you get an oil change?

On a serious note though, to the owner of the car needing the service. Don't skimp out on the maintenance and preventive measures. Just think after you get this work done; all you have are oil changes and brakes to worry about for the next 7-10yrs.

The car needed
Timing belt, water pump, cam seals, crank seal, cam end plugs, camshaft angle sensor, valve cover gaskets/tube seals and grommets , TW sensor<coolant temp sensor for ECU, Thermostat and gasket, ALL hoses, coolant tank, radiator drain and vent/bleed o rings
Fuel filter and injector o rings , possible spark plugs possible rear bank coils
Brake and clutch master cylinder were Visibly leaking, slave was original and rusted up
oil pan leaking, Vtec gaskets leaking, oil cooler/oil filter stand/base leaking
oil pressure switch and adaptor to head orings, all leaking
Drive belts
main relay
electrical part of ignition switch
All stereo and amps need attention, head unit poor condition
Rear brakes, pads and rotors, bleed system ,clean and lube front caliper pins
Left rear outer tie rod , alignment
Clutch needs inspection ,with motor and trans out on the stand , felt release bearing dragging , trans seals and fluid at a minimum
hatch and trunk struts

Back