• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy Shorai Battery and CNC Machined Battery Tray Package - 7 pound setup - Direct bolt on

nsx battery.jpgJust finished install this afternoon on my NA2. As a note, if you have another person to help you not need to jack up your car if you are limber enough with long enough arms to reach underneath with a wrench while partner holds bolt from topside. If your car is lowered this will not work and my arm barely reached the access points under the battery tray (I'm 5'11"). Saved about 36 pounds. Bracket is very nice and fit perfectly. Thanks Colin.

Wasn't planning on installing today but did it anyways. Once I finally got the old custom tray put this went in in a matter of minutes. Fit great. Awesome product. Great vendor. Looking forward to your next great product for our cars. You guys will have your work cut out for you to top this one though!
Thanks!

I received this earlier this week and installed it within an hour. Pretty straight forward install that even a caveman can do it :D
GeicoCaveman.jpg

Kidding aside the battery and bracket assembly is really light and easy to install. Quality of the custom made brackets are top notch. I'm really happy with the product and would buy from Colin again with confidence.

Just installed mine.

Unbelievable how small and light it is.

Brackets are machined top notch.

I did end up with 2 extra bolts, the big fatties. What are those for?

Installed mine last week and took it to Thunderhill for a track day this past weekend..everything went smoothly (except for when I dropped one of the screws in the flipup headlight assembly and couldn't find or reach it for 20 minutes because I'm an idiot) and it worked great. I also have an iPhone charger in my car and it could be completely untrue and unrelated,but it definitely seemed to charge it faster then before...

anyway,thanks for the great product!

1 more week left on the group buy. After that, the price will go up, you'll have to pay shipping, and no Ti license plate bolts.

Thanks everyone for the incredible response to our product, I'm glad everyone is enjoying the package!

As an update from our end, we will be conducting the drop test and an extreme cold weather test this week, I'll keep everyone updated as to what we find out.

Hi! am I too late to make an order? How much would it be shipped to Singapore?

Thanks Woon

Hi Woon, sent you a PM.

Paypal'd this morning for '91 model in polished. Thanks

Thanks, got it!

Very happy with this product. Here is a thread I posted about it.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/175294-I-lost-30-pounds-last-night

Thanks Les!

Just installed mine.

Unbelievable how small and light it is.

Brackets are machined top notch.

I did end up with 2 extra bolts, the big fatties. What are those for?

Ooh, I just realized, are those the bolts that came with the terminals? They're to secure the battery cables onto the terminals.

Installed mine last week and took it to Thunderhill for a track day this past weekend..everything went smoothly (except for when I dropped one of the screws in the flipup headlight assembly and couldn't find or reach it for 20 minutes because I'm an idiot) and it worked great. I also have an iPhone charger in my car and it could be completely untrue and unrelated,but it definitely seemed to charge it faster then before...

anyway,thanks for the great product!

Thanks for the great feedback!

Last edited:
One of the best bang for the buck mods for the NSX IMO.

Other than being lighter than the oem battery, how does this Shorai battery performance compared to oem? Thanks.

Battery Tenders (If you do not start your car weekly, it is highly recommended to use a tender!):
These batteries can be used on normal battery tenders. As long as your battery tender DOES NOT have a desulfate mode, it will work with the battery. Battery Tender brand battery tenders are confirmed to work by Shorai and also through my own testing. Shorai does make their own battery charger, which works very well, especially for over-discharged batteries. Let me know if you would like to purchase one, I will supply them to Prime members at a significantly reduced cost, but am not allowed to advertise that price.

Is the Shorai battery charger also a battery tender and can be plugged in when park for a long period of time?

Last edited:
Other than being lighter than the oem battery, how does this Shorai battery performance compared to oem? Thanks.

Is the Shorai battery charger also a battery tender and can be plugged in when park for a long period of time?

OEM batteries have probably around 800-900 CCAs, the Shorai is 540 CCA which is plenty to start the NSX. OEM capacity is probably about 50 amp hours, while the Shorai is about 13.

Yes, the battery charger is also a tender and can just be plugged in when your car is parked.

Hi i was wondering if i ordered today how long would it take to get? Thanks!

It depends on which version you'd get.

We have about 5 black NA1 trays and 5 silver NA1 trays right now. We are going to be making 5 NA2 trays by tomorrow, but won't have any black NA2 versions for a little while. 5 more batteries coming in by Thursday, so if you get one of the in stock versions, it'd probably ship by Friday.

Nsx27 polish for 98. Paid.thanks

Got it, thanks!

Looking through the pictures, why are you guys not using/installing the terminals the way phryxis intended? The way phryxis shows them seems safer so a short can't occur.

Phryxis, can you please PM me a price for the Shorai battery tender? Would like to know the cost prior to placing the order.
Also, why is the drop test taking so long? I was hoping for the results before this GD ended...
:smile:

PM sent for NA1, black.

PMed

Money Sent 1995 NSX polished

MinnesotaR6
Triet Nguyen

Money also sent. NA1, Polished, cause I like shiny things. lol

91 NSX Red/Black
09 VW Jetta TDI White

Got it, thanks guys!

Looking through the pictures, why are you guys not using/installing the terminals the way phryxis intended? The way phryxis shows them seems safer so a short can't occur.

Phryxis, can you please PM me a price for the Shorai battery tender? Would like to know the cost prior to placing the order.
Also, why is the drop test taking so long? I was hoping for the results before this GD ended...
:smile:

Yeah unfortunately we've been swamped with a lot of stuff, so the drop test kept getting delayed. Between manufacturing/packing/shipping the group buy trays and recent rush client work, it's taking longer than expected. We had to make an actual rig for the drop test, and we just finished that last night. I'll probably extend the group buy by a week after we release the drop test and cold temperature results so people waiting on those tests can still get in on the group buy.

Back