• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Short Gear Review

You know, with all this back and forth over stats the funny thing is I didn't get the JDM gears because I thought they were faster or better on the track. I got them because they make my NSX 100% more fun to drive! It's just a bonus that they fit my local track layout perfectly. :D

You know, with all this back and forth over stats the funny thing is I didn't get the JDM gears because I thought they were faster or better on the track. I got them because they make my NSX 100% more fun to drive! It's just a bonus that they fit my local track layout perfectly. :D

+1 I installed mine in March of '97 (along with a Comptech 4.55 R&P) and have been smiling ever since!

Faster is just a bonus! (Infineon - Sears Point for older folks -- Thunderhill and Laguna Seca are my "local" tracks).

Last edited:

+2 Definitely more fun to drive. The massive rpm drop from first to second disappears and the gear spacing improves and seems much more natural and better suited to the engine's characteristics. The car just feels and drives so much better, that alone is worth the price.

The icing on the cake is that they also suit my local track much better and have lowered my lap times (which probably means they're faster) ......... (don't start that again!) :biggrin:

Back