• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

should i buy this automatic or wait for 5-speed?

hey guys!

I have been offerd to buy a NSX, witch would be my first nsx... its a great price, has low miles and look great... The problem is that it is an automatic!!
is it worth it? or should I wait and try to find a nice 5-speed one?

I need some pros and cons pleace!

thanx guys!

the automatic is offered at a good price because there is much less liquidity for an automatic NSX.

Pro-Con List for getting the automatic
Pros: you dont have to wait

Cons: its an automatic, more difficult to sell when you decide to sell it later on down the line, 252 hp engine, need I say more?, did i mention its an automatic?

I think the responses are pretty clear. If you just want a blvd cruiser to look good or if you live in an area with fwy looking more like a parking lot and if you think shifting is too troublesome, an auto may be the right choice.

If you like to take performance driving in your NSX, or even spirited driving, you can do so much more with a stick. You are a lot more involve with driving the car than just going from point A to point B.

I would not consider buying a sedan with stick, nor would I buy a sports car with automatic tranny, with an exception of a SMG. :cool:

You have to ask youself the question whether you are going to be happy with the car in the long run.

I happen to own an automatic and stick, and I personally think the auto is very fun to drive. It is not as powerful nor has the same driver involvement as a stick does, but it is still a blast to drive. It's great when my wife's in the car because my right hand is free to roam. :biggrin:

Go ahead and drive the auto and a stick. If you prefer a stick, then do not buy the auto.

sedan auto?, sports car manual? nah,I spent 6 months looking for a nice Legend GS 6 speed, never found one with less than 140k miles on it, if I could have purchased my Lexus ls 400 in manual I would have. Automatics are for motorhomes :wink:

Don't settle. If you want a manual tranny, then wait. If you're ok driving the automatic (not for me but there's quite a few on here that love their slush boxes) the go for it.

I would say if it's a steal, buy the car. There are manual NSX's out there to be bought, you just have to find them.

Back