• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

should i have timimg belt changed?

Better get it change before it break.

The mannual says 90k or 6 years, whichever comes first.
The previous owner has changed it once during year 2001 at 60K. Then that's mean, you should get it changed within this year or 150k of milleage, whichever comes first.

P/s> I already have my belt broken... Don't feel regret like me.

C30A4 said:
Better get it change before it break.

The mannual says 90k or 6 years, whichever comes first.
The previous owner has changed it once during year 2001 at 60K. Then that's mean, you should get it changed within this year or 150k of milleage, whichever comes first.

P/s> I already have my belt broken... Don't feel regret like me.
thankyou that is very helpful.
where is brunei?

at least you know when yours was changed....

i was risking it everytime i drove, but it's at baranco right now gettin the treatment :smile:

willabeest said:
at 60K in 2001 the previous owner had the timing belt changed.
when should i change it again?
Honda recommends that the timing belt be changed after 90K miles or 6 years, whichever comes first. If you want to follow their recommendation, change it next year (2007) or when you hit 150K miles, whichever happens first.

Haha... well, it isn't a famous country, plus it is just a small tiny puny nation. But around kuwait ?? :eek: No way man! Brunei is such a peaceful country it can never be in the middle east :biggrin: (Well, its free from any natural disasters, wars and tax.)

Anyway, don't feel bad. It is natural for people who lives so far away from this region to know where Brunei is. :tongue:

C30A4 said:
Haha... well, it isn't a famous country, plus it is just a small tiny puny nation. But around kuwait ?? :eek: No way man! Brunei is such a peaceful country it can never be in the middle east :biggrin: (Well, its free from any natural disasters, wars and tax.)

Anyway, don't feel bad. It is natural for people who lives so far away from this region to know where Brunei is. :tongue:

I use to work on your Sultan's airplanes.:wink: The nicest aircraft I have ever been associated with.

Hal_396 said:
I use to work on your Sultan's airplanes.:wink: The nicest aircraft I have ever been associated with.

Whoah~ sure you are lucky, dude. Are you working with Boeing? I have seen some pictures of its interior, sure its stunning, man!

C30A4 said:
It is natural for people who lives so far away from this region to know where Brunei is. :tongue:
I think it's the "Sultan" thing that makes me associate Brunei with the middle-east.

I once flew 20 cars to Brunei. They were to be delivered to the Sultan, (Love the title.) This was some years ago. We had many exotics, Ferraris, Lambo's, armor plated SUV's etc. Before we left NY, I went down in the main cargo area and checked 'em out. WOW! Anyway it was a comment in my logbook that was....Different! :smile:

Polar%20B744%20nose%20up%20on%20Bravo%20240405A.jpg

|Adeel said:
Wow, I was wrong too, thought it was somewhere around Kuwait or something...

:biggrin: So what else is new, either that or its somewhere in Africa!

skyguy said:
I once flew 20 cars to Brunei. They were to be delivered to the Sultan, (Love the title.) This was some years ago. We had many exotics, Ferraris, Lambo's, armor plated SUV's etc. Before we left NY, I went down in the main cargo area and checked 'em out. WOW! Anyway it was a comment in my logbook that was....Different!

That would be an interesting cargo flight! More interesting then boxes of bolts for an oil rig(done it!)
Not only Brunei but Malaysia also have Sultans, actually one per Malaysian States.

C30A4 said:
Whoah~ sure you are lucky, dude. Are you working with Boeing? I have seen some pictures of its interior, sure its stunning, man!

Yea it is very nice. I wired many of his opulent items that he has on that plan. I worked for one of the companies that built the interior on his Airbus A-340 and his brothers Boeing 767. I think his brothers initials are JB?????????:cool:

IsR said:
Not only Brunei but Malaysia also have Sultans, actually one per Malaysian States.

Correction : Yeah, quite right. And among of them they are going to be elected to be 'Agong' (Head of Sultan) every five years, in turns. Well, regardless Sultan or Agong in Malaysia, they are powerless. Their Job is to listen to what PM says and agree him with signatures. Then every year with pay tax to all of them for nothing. Its sucks.

Unlike Sultan in Brunei, he is truely in hold of power, authorities and... S Elevenssss :biggrin:

skyguy said:
I once flew 20 cars to Brunei. They were to be delivered to the Sultan, (Love the title.) This was some years ago. We had many exotics, Ferraris, Lambo's, armor plated SUV's etc. Before we left NY, I went down in the main cargo area and checked 'em out. WOW! Anyway it was a comment in my logbook that was....Different! :smile:

Polar%20B744%20nose%20up%20on%20Bravo%20240405A.jpg

Tell us tell us ! What are the cars did you actually actually seen in the cargo, in specific. I think Covertte C6 and Hummer H2 are among of them, what else? Did you took any photos? :biggrin:

hey guys i too am worried about getting my timing belt changed since all these post about timing belts being broken. I have a 92 that is around 84,000 miles on it but i have no records on what has been done to the nsx since i had my owners manual along with records in my crx to look through them and someone that night broke in my car and took everythiing :mad: . And now i drive like a granny out in the streets due to being scared of the timing belt breaking. Though i still have 6k miles left before the recommended maintainence i really want to do it soon. My question is would you guys recommend the TODA timing belt? It costs around $260 and their headquarters is only 30 mins away, I ask because it claims to be %200 stronger than OEM? Should i get this Toda belt when i get it done?

Well, as long as the belt from Toda's is having the same number of "tooths" on it-241RU28, plus if you can afford it and it is closely within your area, why not?

OZrednsx said:
hey guys i too am worried about getting my timing belt changed since all these post about timing belts being broken. I have a 92 that is around 84,000 miles on it but i have no records on what has been done to the nsx since i had my owners manual along with records in my crx to look through them and someone that night broke in my car and took everythiing :mad: . And now i drive like a granny out in the streets due to being scared of the timing belt breaking. Though i still have 6k miles left before the recommended maintainence i really want to do it soon. My question is would you guys recommend the TODA timing belt? It costs around $260 and their headquarters is only 30 mins away, I ask because it claims to be %200 stronger than OEM? Should i get this Toda belt when i get it done?

I can't offer any info on the TODA belt but I would seriously stop driving the nsx unless you find out that the original tb was in fact already replaced. You're taking a huge risk if thats the original belt.

sjones said:
You're taking a huge risk if thats the original belt.

Does the NSX have an "interference" engine? (In other words, Does it have an engine in which the valves could come in contact with the pistons in the event of a timing belt break.) My mom's '89 Accord had a "non-interference" engine ---no such risk--- and I was under the impression that there are virtually no interference designs being built/sold today. Or maybe it's no Japanese interference designs... I see such grave warnings about the belt on he NSX. Is belt failure really catastrophic?

Skylark

Yeah... I just found a site listing interference vs. non-interference designs and virtually all Honda products are of the former type. (Guess I was wrong about the ol' Accord.) Thanks.

Skylark

while the topic has been opened, on a 2000 with 9500 miles, is it prudent to change the timing belt or is the 6-7 year mark just conservative dealer cash generating talk? This NSX does have a full Comptech supercharger package if that makes a difference, but no track time. Thanks.

Back