• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Side ducts. How to remove?

Trying to install my dfr side ducts today. Been searching and can't find instructions. Can anyone help me?

Yeah I just found that. I was using the wrong search word. Thanks man!

Hey TURBO2GO, remove the wheel and the fender liner. You can actually by using your hand and fingers and remove those couple of bolts that is holding the vent to remove the vent . No don't need any special tools for this. Very easy :wink:

+1 on Caroline_NSX

you could use some plastic tools that they make for kids to remove the star nuts thats how easy they are but make sure you turn counterclockwise

I just finished. All I can say is THANK GOD for the stubby 22mm box wrench I bought. There is no room in there and my nuts were tight. Large... And tight. LOL...

DO NOT TRY THIS IF YOU HAVE BIG ARMS/HANDS. I'm not kidding. Drivers side the body has a weld tab that is another inch in your space. Passenger a bit easier. I tightened mine with the wrench. They ain't comin off by hand. It's not a difficult job, just a total PITA. My hands are all scraped up.

If you are going to do this, do yourself a favor and get a short, angled, 22mm box end wrench.

Here are a few photos. It's just a bad ass part. Very mean. No, not stock, not "clean" for the purists but man.... It looks good.

Took me about 2 hours. Did it outside in the parking lot, it was a nice day. I'll post details later. The CF is exquisite but the mesh grille fastening needs work. It's almost unacceptable for such an expensive part.

70E29B6F-4230-47BD-B5AE-FD07CDF1A17A-1181-000000606432E49D.jpg

2915E8C6-7DCB-4DCD-8EEE-7F9FAE84F59C-1181-000000605A7D1773.jpg

0E2D208C-FE3B-43B8-979D-65ED2B93514F-1181-000000606C968CF1.jpg

0E2D208C-FE3B-43B8-979D-65ED2B93514F-1181-000000606C968CF1.jpg

Glad that thread helped. Unless you got tiny "garter snakes" as arms then you should have less problems. "Large pythons" need tools to get in there or you'll be tempted to remove quarters. The right tools can save so much time. Looks damn nice. Weight savings and ram air, visually at least.

Glad that thread helped. Unless you got tiny "garter snakes" as arms then you should have less problems. "Large pythons" need tools to get in there or you'll be tempted to remove quarters. The right tools can save so much time. Looks damn nice. Weight savings and ram air, visually at least.

Yeah man your link saved me hours of time. Thanks.

I cannot believe how heavy the OEM ones are. It almost feels like steel than aluminum. They are THICK. I am definitely faster now yo! :biggrin:

they should have hair coming out of them...because they stick out like a big mole on your face............:tongue:

I agree with doc, these interrupt the otherwise very pure and smooth lines of the NSX, kinda reminds me of that snorkle on the roof of the Mugen NSX.

As a Canadian, 'yuk' is the badest word I'm willing to use for this modification:rolleyes:., However, I wondering if it actually does sequester more air?.. hmm

I think that if they were painted the same as the car they would disappear into the car. thats why I asked.

you wouldnt even notice them if they were painted.

I was gonna get them but since mine is black I could prob get away with not painting them.

they should have hair coming out of them...because they stick out like a big mole on your face............:tongue:

Doc why do you always have to be so negative and bust my chops? If you don't like them the keep your stupid opinions to yourself and don't reply. Prime is turning into such a childish and stupid place anymore, I'm out. Screw this.

I'm just kidding.... LOLOLOL I was just being funny because that's how some take criticism of their car mods.

ANYWAY.... You've noticed yours is yellow... Right? That doesn't stick out or anything. LOL.

Doc it looks awesome in person. It's so mean looking!! it takes one of, if not the most prominent feature of the NSX, the air scoop, and replaces it with one that looks like it might suck your baby and the stroller in if you get too close. You see it right away, then you see all this CF.

I LOVE IT!!!

Last edited:
I agree with doc, these interrupt the otherwise very pure and smooth lines of the NSX, kinda reminds me of that snorkle on the roof of the Mugen NSX.

As a Canadian, 'yuk' is the badest word I'm willing to use for this modification:rolleyes:., However, I wondering if it actually does sequester more air?.. hmm

I don't know for sure if it sequesters more air, seems like it does... But I've noticed with my downforce air intake snorkel (I'm such a downforce fanboi), the intake is absolutely louder. When I goose it or shut off the car it sounds like there's a jet engine in there. I mean the gulps of air are LOUD. It acts like a bit of a megaphone.

Oh it's mean. Keep your children away!!! Hahahahahaha... One of the best mods I've done. You might think its yukky but it's quite yummy!! :D

Last edited:
...but of course I get a free pass when critiqueing others mods because I own the bee......:wink: I'm happy that the larger scoops have increased your enjoyment of the car..thats what mods should do.

I can't begin to describe how this changed the car, with the carbon being picked up from the wing and the rear window garnish. Much better in person that photos as you fully see the weave. The car looks more modern to me now. I just love it. Can't wait til I silverstone the calipers and install the black RSII's... My master plan is coming together.... Muahahahaha....

b31246658168fe47d58f2e949487c7b3.jpg

...but of course I get a free pass when critiqueing others mods because I own the bee......:wink: I'm happy that the larger scoops have increased your enjoyment of the car..thats what mods should do.

Oh it's joy on top of joy doc. I don't know what to do with myself I'm so happy. LOL

Here is what the nuts look like for those wondering. No other photos anywhere:

9f5ead6dbe730a9e61b61ea5f4bf92e1.jpg

Back