• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Silver '99 with OEM Wheels in gunmetal grey?

Hi,

I have a '99 NSX in Kaiser Silver with OEM wheels. Thinking about powder coating or painting the OEM wheels gunmetal. Anyone done this or seen it? Thoughts? Curious how it would look.

Photos?

(or OEM wheels in other colors?)

Thanks,
Patrick

Just buy a set of OEM '94-'96 wheels which are Solaris Silver (gunmetal gray type color). You may be able to find an owner who is willing to swap with you for your Blades Silver wheels.

Just buy a set of OEM '94-'96 wheels which are Solaris Silver (gunmetal gray type color). You may be able to find an owner who is willing to swap with you for your Blades Silver wheels.
You can count on it. Most folks (including myself) think the '97-01 Blades Silver wheels are a lot more attractive than the '94-96 Solaris Silver wheels. I'd be happy to trade my set of Solaris Silver for Blades Silver...

I was actually thinking darker than that. Maybe gunmetal is the wrong word. Charcoal? Something the color of the wheels in the attached photo. Anyone powdercoat OEM wheels like that? What do ya'll think? Anyone have photos?

Thanks

Attachments

• gunmetal and silver nsx 2.jpg
    gunmetal and silver nsx 2.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 232
How about a PermaStar Black Chrome coating instead?

AGallery_118.jpg

But I'd store your wheels and buy a second set of worn/scratched 16/17's to have this or any other powder coating done...

Back