• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Site slow on different computers.

The site has been rather slow lately, especially arrow clicking back. Sometimes it just won't. I've tried different computers thinking it's mine but same results on all. Are we having issues?:smile:

The site has been rather slow lately, especially arrow clicking back. Sometimes it just won't. I've tried different computers thinking it's mine but same results on all. Are we having issues?:smile:

I'm not seeing a change. Google Analytics says page load times are in their normal range.

There was a spike (slow-down) on July 19 due to a server-side problem, but other than that it looks good. Yesterday was actually a faster-than-average load time day. So I expect any performance issues you have seen the last few days are localized.

I have this problem also. Both on my home computer and the one at work.

I'm looking at page load times reported for 94.5% of visitors on Google Analytics so I know there isn't a broad problem. The reality is I can't do anything about localized issues.

Also.. If you are finding the page loads slower using the back arrow in your browser, you have some sort of issue with your machines. That should be loading the content from your browser cache. You can verify this by the fact that if you read an unread (bold title) thread, then hit the back arrow, the title should still be bold because you're viewing a cached copy of the page (if this isn't happening, your browser isn't caching correctly.) But then if you refresh the page it will un-bold the title because it's actually loading a new copy of the page from the server, and when it knows you've read the thread now.

If you guys are running Chrome, please try using the task manager to kill the Prime tab and then refresh.

Back