• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Skip Barber Racing School Discount?

I am thinking about attending the 2-day High Performance Driving School at Skip Barber.

I have seen in a few different forums that sometimes there are "specials" or discounts for the course.

Does anyone know if there are any available now?

Thanks.

I've been around Skip Barber (as a customer -starting my racing career, as an employee -instructing for them, and referring people) for 9 years now and I don't agree with said statements. As big of a company as SB is, you can't please every customer.

As far as safety goes - the cars are 1970ish Formula Ford chassis, the same design that many professional racers sat behind the wheel of. The proper belt-in procedure and techniques are taught, and if not followed correctly can result in various problems. Same for seating position.

At the end of the day, this is just a bad experience by one individual and shouldn't deter people from instruction from a world-class organization.

I am thinking about attending the 2-day High Performance Driving School at Skip Barber.

I have seen in a few different forums that sometimes there are "specials" or discounts for the course.

Does anyone know if there are any available now?

Thanks.

I got 20% off because I signed up in November. They then dropped it to 15% past december. I am not sure what they have now, but if you call and ask, and sign up well ahead of time, they will offer you 15% I believe. At least I was able to get it just over e-mailing sales.

About a month ago, www.jetsetter had a package discount for skip barber, all inclusive to laguna seca or road atlanta. Don't remember what the price was but I thought the deal was pretty good, but still out of my price range. It may come back in the coming months, but there's no guarentee if the sale will come back.

Thanks for the info.

I guess I will just try calling and asking for a discount.

Also I am not intersted in the open wheel course.

Roger- you don't need Skip Barber. Laguna Seca is your home track man!

Last year, I saw a december special for 20% off their courses. Part of their holiday promotion I guess.

I, too, was going to do the 2-day class. After talking to Kip, he said the 3-day class is well-worth the extra buck.

Let me know, I might try to join you. Driver education- It's the best mod you can do:biggrin:

Last year, I saw a december special for 20% off their courses. Part of their holiday promotion I guess.

I, too, was going to do the 2-day class. After talking to Kip, he said the 3-day class is well-worth the extra buck.

Let me know, I might try to join you. Driver education- It's the best mod you can do:biggrin:

Cool! If I do this I will definately let you know. Would be cool to have another NSX owner there.

I get discount and class information from them every month. Get on their email list.

Lance

I am on their mailing list now.

I just finished the Skip Barber open wheel 3-day at Road Atlanta. One of my instructors was Rob Morrisson, for those that know or remember the Realtime NSX. Great instructor and even better driver. Highly recommend the open wheel deal. They seemed pretty motivated for more business so you may want to call and ask for a discount.

Larry....looks like I might do next week 17th/18th. Short notice but let me know if you can make it.

Back