• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

skipping cd player

new alpine s634 mounted vertically in left rear of trunk.. is there a better position and/or location to alleviate this problemo? really irritating!!

I have the same setup. Moving the positioning screw changes the position of the elastomeric bands suspending the unit in the case. I imagine it would be really bad if adjusted wrong. Even with it correct, I get a skip once in a while when I hit some very rough road when the temperatures are below 50°F. Never skips when the weather is warmer. I am guessing the the elastomer becomes less supple with temperature. All in all, a great unit.

Yeah, i have the lever in the appropriate position ("V") for a vertical position. by vertical i mean the CD loading door faces sky-ward.. hopefully it will improve as temps warm up, since i live in phoenix!

Good point. Did you change both sides? I suppose in Phoenix you can forget the temperature thing. It should not skip much if adjusted right. You might have to exchange it.

ooh i meant lever, not levers. I assumed both sides were connected to each other and flipping one flipped both, so i never checked after i changed the first one... i'll go check it right now..

hmm. didn't flip one of the sides. Ok, hope this helps. Thanks guys..

Last edited:
Back