• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Skyguy's new ride

So the F car was fun but I decided to go a different route and get the 4 seater version. Hummmm. Wadda ya think?
(I have not lost my mind.....YET!)

(*400 BHP paddles, lots of CF, etc.....Uh, RED of course!) :rolleyes:

masi1.jpg

2005_maserati_grand_sport_red_001.JPG

2005_maserati_grand_sport_red_027.JPG

2005_maserati_grand_sport_red_032.JPG

2005_maserati_grand_sport_red_028.JPG

2005_maserati_grand_sport_red_031.JPG

2005_maserati_grand_sport_red_057.JPG

2005_maserati_grand_sport_red_058.JPG

2005_maserati_grand_sport_red_068.JPG

2005_maserati_grand_sport_red_077.JPG

Nice car but ewwwwwwwwww four seats lol. I have to tell you the truth tho the back seat area looks very cool.

Last edited:
Are you by any chance preparing for this?:eek: Haven't seen you in a while. You better be joining us for the upcoming NSXPO!:smile:

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 50
Bill,

I think it looks great! Too bad my wife wasn't feeling up to an F-Car ride last year when you gave me a lift back to the Wynn. Next time I'm out you'll have to give me a life in this one.

So, how do you like it compared to the 360?

Are you by any chance preparing for this?:eek: Haven't seen you in a while. You better be joining us for the upcoming NSXPO!:smile:

Uh, no Mr. code Blue. I just like the masi. Hopefully they will not call me for work and I can be the red headed stepchild at NSXPO.
:smile:

I don't like it as much as the Ferrari. I have ridden in one and it doesn't feel as sporty. 458 Italia all the way!

I don't like it as much as the Ferrari. I have ridden in one and it doesn't feel as sporty. 458 Italia all the way!

It's not a Ferrari. It is sporty and 400 BHP is the same as a F-360. A 458 will set you back quite a bit.

Last edited:
It's not a Ferrari. It is sporty and 400 BHP is the same as a F-360. A 458 will set you back quite a bit.

That's a beautiful car Bill. I've always liked the GranSport. The Cambiocorsa and the Coupe models are a great bang-for-your-buck deal as well. The GranSport would make a great track car Bill; dry sump, manual-sequential, 400HP v8, skyhook suspension (optional), etc. I wouldn't mind having one of these either :biggrin: :

2003-maserati-trofeo-front-view.jpg

Have fun with your new ride! As they say, "Variety is the spice of life". You are fortunate to have the means to make it happen! Oh by the way, thanks for letting me drive your 360 @ CarsNCoffee. It was my very first experience with an F car--- what a rush!:biggrin:

No offense but why go from a F360 to a GS. What about the new Gran Turismo?

The new Gran Turismo is in the same class as the F-430 ....ish. Looking at a Murciélago next, (serious.) I always liked the Masi GS series. Very happy with my choice.

Have fun with your new ride! As they say, "Variety is the spice of life". You are fortunate to have the means to make it happen! Oh by the way, thanks for letting me drive your 360 @ CarsNCoffee. It was my very first experience with an F car--- what a rush!:biggrin:

It was a defining moment in my life watching the smile widen on your face in direct proportion to the RPM's on the F-360....What a thrill!

I bless every day and realize how fortunate we are. :wink:

That's a beautiful car Bill. I've always liked the GranSport. The Cambiocorsa and the Coupe models are a great bang-for-your-buck deal as well. The GranSport would make a great track car Bill; dry sump, manual-sequential, 400HP v8, skyhook suspension (optional), etc. I wouldn't mind having one of these either :biggrin: :

2003-maserati-trofeo-front-view.jpg

Thanks Tag. You have an unmatched cornicopia of automotive knowledge!
*It's got a dry sump??? (Insert Gomer Pyle accent:) "Well, GollllllllllY!

dry sump oil systems mean you don't get oil starvation when taking big sweepers at the track. It is choice to have if you track your car. That would be a nice mod to make on a NSX engine. I believe Porsche is going to that.

it is what it is, an ultra-lux' GT...

The new Gran Turismo is in the same class as the F-430 ....ish. I always liked the Masi GS series. Very happy with my choice.
The Maserati GranSport was in-essence a factory-spec'd tuner/hot-rod version of the Maserati Coupé & Spyder models, which were based off the Euro-market exclusive Maserati 3200GT (which itself was derived from the last-gen' Quattroporte IV platform).

The Maserati GranTurismo is derived from the current Maserati Quattroporte V sedan platform, and more relevant to the current Ferrari California (shared platform M139) than the outgoing Ferrari 430.

Anywayz... I can see why you're so enamored w/ your GranSport acquisition, a lot of the interior trim/details remind me of how you personalized your previous NSX.

Skyguy I've been looking to buy one of these. I am actively looking now. Do you know any issues/areas to look out for?

There's a white/black one for sale with 8K miles, they are asking 45K for it. Pretty sure I want a coupe and the F1 trans (although I think that may actually be problematic)

I'm not sure about the dry sump TAG, you sure about that?

What is maintenance like on these? I almost bought one new in 2006 before I got my NSX. Deal fell through last minute and I am glad because I love the NSX and now I can get the GS for about 1/3 the price. I did love the car.

I wish I could find an MC victory edition but that will be expensive and a long shot.

VERY nice, Skyguy! Pictures, I'm certain, don't do it justice and I'd love to check it out at NSXPO. Be there!!

Skyguy I've been looking to buy one of these. I am actively looking now. Do you know any issues/areas to look out for?

There's a white/black one for sale with 8K miles, they are asking 45K for it. Pretty sure I want a coupe and the F1 trans (although I think that may actually be problematic)

I'm not sure about the dry sump TAG, you sure about that?

What is maintenance like on these? I almost bought one new in 2006 before I got my NSX. Deal fell through last minute and I am glad because I love the NSX and now I can get the GS for about 1/3 the price. I did love the car.

I wish I could find an MC victory edition but that will be expensive and a long shot.

All models have a dry sump; http://www.maserati.us/maserati/us/en/index/passion/Heritage/Gran-Turismo/m-coupe-cambiocorsa.html. The coupe is the manual transmission model, while the cambiocorsa is the manual-sequential model. There is also the Trofeo; (the photo I posted) :biggrin: the factory-built racing car based on the cambiocorsa platform. These can be had for around $70k-90K on the used market. There was also a European circuit racing series dedicated to these cars.

Tom

Back