• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Slow drivers, get out of our way

Three Comments....

1. Great thread +1

2. Driving in Germany taught me two things. A. You stay in the right lane and you only move out of it to pass. B. Constantly check six for the BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Porsche or other fast burner closing the gap quickly and get out of his way... back to the right lane.

3. I pass more vehicles in the right lane than I do the left lane.

Undeniable Fact of Life. There will be a 10 to 1 ratio, cars in the left lane to those in the right lane.

Yes, I see your point now. Deleting the name of the author but using every other word/thought verbatim did clean it up to enable those reading it to get straight to the point without unnecessarily delaying that point by needing to get through that annoying byline........

Heh, heh.

From my perspective (here in NorCal) if just two laws, already on the books, were enforced to the max, life on tarmac would be good:

1. Slower traffic keep right.

2. No passing on the right.

:cool:

Heh, heh.

From my perspective (here in NorCal) if just two laws, already on the books, were enforced to the max, life on tarmac would be good:

1. Slower traffic keep right.

2. No passing on the right.

:cool:

The no passing on the right law doesn't make any sense to me. I am one who always only uses the left lane to pass other vehicles, so I am normally in the right lane. Quite often I am driving along in the right lane at 75-80mph on the expressway and there is some idiot in the left lane going 60mph, should I stand on the brakes so I make sure I don't pass him on the right? What do I do after that switch to the left lane and hope he gets over?

If the police would start ticketing the people who hang out in the left lane without passing someone then we might be able to stop people from passing on the right. Until then I will continue to pass on the right when people are driving in the left lane when they aren't overtaking anyone.

The no passing on the right law doesn't make any sense to me. I am one who always only uses the left lane to pass other vehicles, so I am normally in the right lane. Quite often I am driving along in the right lane at 75-80mph on the expressway and there is some idiot in the left lane going 60mph, should I stand on the brakes so I make sure I don't pass him on the right? What do I do after that switch to the left lane and hope he gets over?

If the police would start ticketing the people who hang out in the left lane without passing someone then we might be able to stop people from passing on the right. Until then I will continue to pass on the right when people are driving in the left lane when they aren't overtaking anyone.

LIKE.

most cops in VA would rather hit people up for tint or exhaust before handling slow drivers.

This thread reminds me of a saying this one fellow I knew who was a tow truck driver . He had his own truck and made his living mostly from accident recovery and the subsequent storage.
I'll never forget it:
"Drive fast..I need the money":biggrin:

Back