• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Small black plastic tabs holding up foam door lining

I looked pretty hard on the NSX parts diagrams, and I searched, but I couldn't find any results. Hopefully someone can help me here.

I don't have a digital camera, so unfortunately I can't take a photo

The black foam door lining, as well near the foam near door lock, are held to the NSX body by black plastic tabs
There are 3 of them for the door, and more for the body of the car
They are about 1/4inch wide, and black and circular in shape

Does anyone have a part # for them?

Here is a diagram of it, I think

http://img31.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=52878_SL03B5320C_122_849lo.jpg

It is above the #27, and to the right of #12, #19

Also, one of the door screws has a black rubber cover. It is a small, black rubber cover. I can't find any picture or diagram of it.
It covers an open screw. I know this is a vague description, but does anyone have that part number also?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the help, I'll check Autozone this weekend.
Peace.

If anyone knows the part number or has 2 spares, pls let me know. Thanks!

I checked into this before with my parts guy, and they are not available separately, but only attached to #12 and #19. Basically, you have to buy #12 and #19 to get them.

davidf,

Do you have a part number for the pieces that you have? Where did you find them?

I checked into this before with my parts guy, and they are not available separately, but only attached to #12 and #19. Basically, you have to buy #12 and #19 to get them.

davidf,

Do you have a part number for the pieces that you have? Where did you find them?
Ben, the #27 retainers I have were salvaged from the old weatherstrip when I replaced it. Do you need some of those?

Ben, the #27 retainers I have were salvaged from the old weatherstrip when I replaced it. Do you need some of those?

No, I don't need them now, I ended up replacing the weatherstrip, it was more for future reference if I ever needed to get them w/o ordering the entire weatherstrip.

no you can buy them separately, I had to get new ones when I was installing my new coilovers. These clips cost about $3 EACH..... :eek:

I can't tell you the part # but they are the same type of clips that hold down the black plastic trim just under the windshield wipers near the base of the windshield (when u open the hood)

Well I went to Kragen's at lunch today, and picked up a small box of 3.
They were the same size, but a bit too long, so I cut them down to make them fit.

Works perfectly! :biggrin:

Only cost $2.70

Cheapest NSX fix for me, hahah.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and help. Peace.

Back