• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Smog Check

Hello Everyone,

I just went to get a smog check at the same place I've been going to for years, with all my cars, and the guy told me there was a software update done to their system, and with the new software, they can't pick up a signal on my car to do the smog check. He said they have had the same problem with other cars as well, such as BMW's & Mercedes, with this new software. So I'm curious to see if anyone has gotten a smog check done on their NSX recently. And if you did, how long ago & where you took it. My guy told me I might have to take it to the dealership to get smogged, where they have to remove a cover, or something like that, to access what they need to pick up a signal. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. Just trying to avoid going to the dealership just for a smog check...

Thanks & Happy New Year...=)

Went to another smog check station today with the same results. So I have an appointment with Acura Las Vegas on Monday, since they're a little closer to my house. I drove by Findlay today, but they were already closed when I went by.

What's that Lance? You get a hand job at the Acura dealership? I need to bring my cars there.

What's that Lance? You get a hand job at the Acura dealership? I need to bring my cars there.

Now you know the meaning of "full service dealership", Vegas style.

Regards,

Danny

Back