• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Snap Problem...I think

I have a 92 Black Beauty with 30k mls and she is in the Snap range.

How do check if she has already has had the Snap defect fixed???

The clutch is very gummy. The clutch lets out at a different tension point in all the time.

I have read up on the Snap problem and this does not seems typical for the Snap malfunction..Any ideas ???/

Originally posted by JonnyDirt:
I have a 92 Black Beauty with 30k mls and she is in the Snap range.

How do check if she has already has had the Snap defect fixed???

The clutch is very gummy. The clutch lets out at a different tension point in all the time.

I have read up on the Snap problem and this does not seems typical for the Snap malfunction..Any ideas ???/

The proper snap-ring repair is to replace the transmission case since it is that part that is defective not the snap ring. The fact that your tranny case is in the range only means that it MAY be defective.

What you're decribing is not typical of snap ring failure due to faulty tranny case. When the snap ring fails, your shifter will rock with acceleration and deceleration. Also getting into/out of the gears will be more difficult. Your problem is more likely a clutch/hydraulic issue.

Thanks for the tip..that's what I thought but, I do have some difficult with getting into 1st and sometimes 2nd but I have not noticed any gear shifter movement, which I know is a dead give away for the Snap problem.
Any idea of how to check if she has had her Snap Cure shots????

I did the whole Snap ring update, now I wish I didn't. Even if it did go bad, I would have just taken it to Larry of NSX Modified (in Huntington Beach) and just did a clutch, tranny case update, R&P, all at once.

If you want to do preventative maintenance, he does the snap ring update with a new tranny case, new clutch, for $2000 out the door. I paid $3000 for my update (Acura goodwilled half of it though) and that's without a clutch.

Back