• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Snow-covered NA2 NSX-R in Japan

I moved here to Japan last year and spotted this about a month ago...

Attachments

• NSX-R Snow.jpg
    NSX-R Snow.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 2,702
Hehe interesting pic. Change the NSX to red and the Fit next to it to Blue and those are my cars. :biggrin:

Which part of Japan is this in?
I've been in Japan 5 years and seen pretty much every exotic car there is... except a Type-R.

What happened to the white wheels?

Which part of Japan is this in?
I've been in Japan 5 years and seen pretty much every exotic car there is... except a Type-R.

This is near Utsunomiya, Tochigi. I'm sure most of you know it as the birth place of your car :wink:

What happened to the white wheels?

Hmm.. good question. I don't know. But, I can say that about 90% of cars around here use snow tires during the winter, so maybe it's his winter setup?

This is near Utsunomiya, Tochigi. I'm sure most of you know it as the birth place of your car :wink:

Hmm.. good question. I don't know. But, I can say that about 90% of cars around here use snow tires during the winter, so maybe it's his winter setup?

intersting, most Japanese don't have big garage like us, where do they store their snow tires in summer season? Does tire shop store the wheel/tires for customer until the season change??

Guys take note.....

........future listing for this poor car will be :"never seen snow/rain" ..... hahahahah yeah right... I've downloaded this picture and put in my "nsx -abused" subfolder of my 35-folder NSX directory on my desktop.....

:mad:

intersting, most Japanese don't have big garage like us, where do they store their snow tires in summer season? Does tire shop store the wheel/tires for customer until the season change??

Yeah, you're right about the no garage thing. Most of the houses and apartments I've visited of other Americans, have either a portable shed out front or a built-in one where they store their winter tires (as I also do). Also, I've noticed that many folks living here don't need lawnmowers. :smile:

Guys take note.....

........future listing for this poor car will be :"never seen snow/rain" ..... hahahahah yeah right... I've downloaded this picture and put in my "nsx -abused" subfolder of my 35-folder NSX directory on my desktop.....

you are mad about a guy driving his nsx-R in japan in snow.?! :rolleyes:

Guys take note.....

man and i thought I had every NSX pic posted online saved on my comp!

You should upload those in zip format for us!

Guys take note.....

Not everyone treats one's NSX like a Holy Grail. To many, including myself, the NSX is an awesome daily driver. I have driven all my NSXs daily in rain and all kinds of conditions. They have been on ski trips to Lake Tahoe. Many NSXs are driven hard on tracks all over the world by true enthusiasts. I have been to Japan couple of times for the NSX Fiesta where Type Rs are abundant and are driven to their absolute limits by Kurasawa san and Takahashi san alike. Some even crashed on the track. It is a great car but absolutely nothing sacred. A little bit of snow just shows how much the owner likes to drive his/her car in any condition. I understand that if one just stores his Mercedes Benz 540k in a heated vault without allowing a drop of dust on it. But the NSX is a big nothing in a collector's market. 99.9% of them are replaceable. I don't see anything wrong with the snow or rain.
Steve

its a limited production car that is no longer produced.... to each his own

the lack of center caps suggest they are just a winter wheel setup, or maybe they got caught in that weather and needed a cheap set of proper fitment wheels for some proper bad weather tires

Guys take note.....

you might want to add this NSX-R also doing some abusive driving on the snow
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q3IdnDum8pM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q3IdnDum8pM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back