• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So i came to Dallas to drive some NSX's...

Had plans to drive two of them. If anyone has been keeping up I am a potential buyer beating the bushes trying to find one. I drove an automatic 91 black/black with 110K miles for $28,000 with comptech H/E so far. I am driving a 92 Manual black/black with 86K miles and no records =( .. its $23,500 but I am really scared about it having no records. I really dont think I would get it but it gives me the chance to drive both an auto (which i dont think i could live with) and a manual. Wish me luck in my quest.

Originally posted by DamonBoost:
Had plans to drive two of them. If anyone has been keeping up I am a potential buyer beating the bushes trying to find one. I drove an automatic 91 black/black with 110K miles for $28,000 with comptech H/E so far. I am driving a 92 Manual black/black with 86K miles and no records =( .. its $23,500 but I am really scared about it having no records. I really dont think I would get it but it gives me the chance to drive both an auto (which i dont think i could live with) and a manual. Wish me luck in my quest.

Keep lookin'. The right car will pop up, with, I'm sure, with less miles. Be patient. I know it's REALLY hard. I just got mine last month, and it took about 2 months to find it. Definitely worth the wait.

if you were in Dallas, where I am, we have a great NSX group. I am sure that mostly anyone would assist you in looking over a potential car. I got my 91 with under 50k but all records. It was not much more than that 92 but worth it. Did get an extended warrenty though on it but havnt had to use it. All I have done is a clutch, slace cyl. and gas/oil. There are minor problems it has like the stero, antenna not going down all the way and that is is. It is cherry otherwise. Good luck and let me know if we can help. There was a Zanardi at Goodson here not too long ago. Dont know what you are wanting to pay but I am sure it is trackable.

------------------
8k RPM in a recliner!

Damon,

It was nice meeting you this weekend, hope you find the car you are looking for.
I will be taking offers on it starting at 25k. For your records it has 93k miles instead of 110k and was asking $26,999, not $28,000. Good luck and give let me know what you find.

Damon, Get me the vin number on the manual transmission car and I'll see what I can dig up.....As for Adam's car, an automatic trans daily driver....its nice when you're stuck in this horrific traffic
smile.gif
A heck of a lot of fun when you are not!

I just looked at the black 92 manual. It is in bad shape. The seats have some stiching coming up on the driver side. The carpet is worn. Now for the bad. Whoever owned it before liked stereo equipment. There is an aftermarket stereo in the dash. It is the stock dash which has been cut open to allow for the aftermarket stereo. It does not look professional. It will need to be replaced. The shift knob came off in my hand. The boot for the shifter is ripped. The brake handle leather is ripped. Center console is in bad shape. The really bad part is the glove compartment section. That entire section looks like it is about to fall off. There are wires sticking out of the side.

Basically the interior is in bad shape.

The ouside is not bad at all from a superficial point of view. I did not see too many dings. However, it did appear as though the front and rear bumper had been repainted at one point. Thus, there may have been some damage there.

The engine sounded ok and started up but then again...I am not an expert and I have no clue on what to listen to.

I did not drive the car becasue just looking at the interior turned me off to it.

The car also lacks any documentation. I am going to assume that if someone does not take car of the interior, they probably did not take care of the mechanicals.

If you have any other questions concerning this car, feel free to post up here or you can e-mail me at [email protected]

Back