• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So im thinking of getting into politics in Phoenix

Im not sure if it is something I would enjoy or not. Has anyone here worked in politics ? Is it exciting/worth it?

If you think you could manage to be significantly more miserable than the degree to which you already are, you have a shot.

You will enter a system that is catastrophically broken that you cannot fix. If you can accept that without being frustrated, go for it.

My step-kids' step-mom is a California Assemblywoman (District 10).
http://democrats.assembly.ca.gov/members/a10/default.aspx

Not to sure about dirty politics in a big city. In my town, we once had a person running for Mayor on the platform that he will not change a thing. He won. In smaller town, when things are going well, not changing anything can get one elected.

Sarge,
Good luck to you if you decide to run for office. :smile:

You will enter a system that is catastrophically broken that you cannot fix. If you can accept that without being frustrated, go for it.
Sounds like a typical Civil Service job. I was there once. If the people I used to work with were working for me, they wouldn't be working for me.

Last edited:
Back