• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Socal Beach Party July 23, 2005

What date is the best for you?

• Total voters
Here I am checking the latest on da party and I see Wizco has been at it again. There is no end to this babbler.
Hey Raymond, are you bringing the SV (that's SV for Sh.t Vehicle) ?
Woodwork, we need you again now, are you taking any deposits ? what's missing on the menu so that Cheryl can get to work on it.
Keep G away from the beach !
The Pondman had said he will beach himself on that day. Any word from him Kent ?

Kent,
2 adults and 1 child.

what can i bring, ... Is some desert items (cake, apple pie)...

Please let me know what we are missing

Tom Rutherford

I will try to make it. What time? With the SW swell coming in my bigger question is WTF will i put my surfboard in the NSX. I suppose having an S4 and an NSX is perfect for all situations except Socal Beach Parties. See everyone then. This will be the unveiling of my 2nd ever NSX. This one is above and beyond. See you then. -Erik

woodwork said:
(Bolsa Chick State Beach just North of the Huntington Beach Pier.)

For those who haven't been to Kent's corn cookout, when Kent says "just North", he really means about 2.5-3.0 miles north of the Huntington Beach pier, and he's closer to the Jack-in-the-Box at Warner Ave. Entrance to Bolsa Chica Beach is about a mile SOUTH of Warner.

I'll probably bring the small trailer with EZ-Ups, tables, etc. Kent, you got enough firewood?

-Doug

What time does this start?

Hello All:

Please keep in mind that this is not only an NSX club function and anyone/everyone is invited. Even those who have sold their NSXs (John)

Traded phone mail w/Alex, He and family are coming.

Doug (and all): Wood? If you have some please bring it. If you need me to pick it up I will. I'm still looking but I do have a lot.

SS MD: I will be at the beach at about 6 AM to get the fire ring. I will have an EZ up with an "ACURA" banner on it. Depending on if there are kids in the family, some people show up at about 10 AM and leave early afternoon, Others show up late afternoon and stay till the beach closes at 10 PM. Doug will know better what time the "Marine Layer" has been burning off. Doug?

I try to get the furthest North fire ring. It is about 5 miles north of the HB pier. Like Doug said: The entrance to the beach is about 3 miles North of the Pier then you need to turn North after you pay the parking fee. When you can see the Jack-in-the-Box. Look to the left.

Woodwork
(I'll bring the Corn)

I don't have any fire wood, but I can pick some up at the store if no one else has any.
Please post here if you have wood to bring.

I'll park the trailer close the Acura banner early in the morning, probably 7 a.m or so, and I'm riding a bicycle back to the house. If I am not there when everyone else shows up later in the morning, just take the tables/EZ-Ups/Chairs/ice chests out of the trailer via the backdoor and setup at the Acura banner. I'll leave the locks off of the trailer.

-Doug

Please DON'T buy wood.

I have a fence I need to tear down. I just need to gauge how much fense to cook 2 cases of corn. (Too much fence and the dog will get out.)

I'm eyeballing several pallets here at work that have seen better days and look like they would burn very hot.

Got plenty of wood.

I'll bring the corn.
woodwork

I talked to Amy on Tuesday and they are coming. She did mention that they would probably be bringing Wayne's mom.

Doug, What time are you planning on coming down with Dagmar and the kids? Paul and I need to plan what time to leave in the AM.

Not sure what time with Dagmar and the kids.
I'll probably get there relatively early if the waves are good.
(9 or 10 maybe).

I'm guessing Dagmar and the kids not there until later in the day. (Getting there between 11-1, as a guess. Who's knows with her scheduling uhhh....ability.)

-Doug

Call me in the morning! I'll be up early, dropping the trailer off around 7 a.m.

Last edited:
Back