• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SoCal to ALMS Caravan Thread

Guess I will be driving by myself up there Friday morning. See you guys there. :cool:

It appears that the OC group is not planning to take the coastal route to Monterey

The OC group is taking the PCH to SLO, then 101 to PR, spend the night and leave early Friday morning, take 46 to 1 and north to Monterey. :biggrin:

Hello,

Let me see if I understand your SoCal route, because CDX_NSX and I would like to link up with your group some where along the way, but we will then continue on to Monterey without stopping. I’m in Sierra Madre (just east of Pasadena along the 210) and CDX_NSX is coming from a little further East on the 210:

“The OC group is taking the PCH to SLO' From OC” I'm guessing that you’re going to take the 405 N to the 10 W to Highway 1 N in Santa Monica, unless you are truly taking Hwy 1 along all of the beach cities? You'll stay on Hwy 1 until it connects with the 101 in Oxnard? At that point you will have to take the 101 N (Hwy 1 is none existent at various locations between Ventura and Santa Barbara) through Santa Barbara (or take the 154 over the San Marcus Pass to the 101, which is very nice with some twisties) through Solvang/Santa Maria/SLO and stop at Paso Robles?

Since CDX_NSX and I are in the San Gabriel Valley we would try and meet up with you possibly in Santa Monica or Oxnard/Ventura. First, we eventually need to know the exact route of the So Cal leg and the time you plan to leave. Then CDX_NSX and I need to make sure we park along your route and wait for you. I’ll give you my cell phone number so that we can stay in communication.

Thanks,

Mario

Guess I will be driving by myself up there Friday morning. See you guys there. :cool:

Whe are you going to leave? I am driving Friday morning also.

Excellent! Friday A.m. Caravan is shaping up.:smile:

Big D Temecula
9doors Redlands
CKS Papa Northridge
Jagtiger Redondo
Ediddynsx ???

I am thinking that if I take the 15N to the 210W I can hook up with 9doors. Afterwards we can randezvous with the others somewhere on the 101. Does that sound about right?

Yes I am in..... my check in time at the hotel is at 4pm on Friday. :smile:

Since I'm the farthest east of us, I'm happy to leave at any time in the early AM to meet somewhere to the west. We just need to develop times, places, and the route over the next few months.

The route I was planning to take was just up the coast all the way there. As far as a meeting place goes we can meet at my place if you guys like and meet up with Henry on the way. I think maybe we all should meet for lunch or dinner sometime on the weekend and discuss everything.

Sounds like a good plan...Anybody else joining the SoCal Caravan?:wink:

Big D Temecula
9doors Redlands
CKS Papa Northridge
Jagtiger Redondo
Ediddynsx ???

I am thinking that if I take the 15N to the 210W I can hook up with 9doors. Afterwards we can randezvous with the others somewhere on the 101. Does that sound about right?

Big D Temecula
9doors Redlands
CKS Papa Northridge
Jagtiger Redondo
Ediddynsx ???

You can hook up with me first than we can hook up with rest of the group. I'm in Corona/Eastville area.

Anyways, do we have a exact time and place set for meeting and departure?

Count me in for the Friday AM caravan. I'll be leaving from Long Beach and I'm open for anytime you guys want to leave. I have a Porsche buddy who'll be joining us as well.
ryan

You can hook up with me first than we can hook up with rest of the group. I'm in Corona/Eastville area.

Anyways, do we have a exact time and place set for meeting and departure?

Big D Temecula
Awsomr1 Corona
9doors Redlands
CKS Papa Northridge
Jagtiger Redondo
Ediddynsx ???
Ryneen Long Beach

As far as departure times go, none have been established. I was thinking that I would probably leave my place at around 9:30 am and that puts me in Corona at 10:00 am then to the 15/210W intersection at around 10:30 to hook up with 9doors. Then from there we proceed on the 210W to the 134 and finally the 101 to randezvous with the others at around 11:30-11:45 or so. How does this sound? Any Suggestions?

Well...I guess part of the departure time equation would be the route.

Obviously 101 to the 1, but where?

Las Cruces
SLO
Via the 41
Via the 46

I'd vote for SLO. In that case it's ~135 miles along the 1 from SLO to Monterey. It'll be ~240 miles to SLO for me and Big_D from say, Rancho Cucamonga.

So given this route (if you all agree), the sample distances, the fact that the sunset in Monterey on 10/19 will be 6:27pm, (I want to enjoy the 1 during daylight) when should we depart?

SLO is okay with me. The earlier the better for me. I'd like to check in to my hotel between 4:00p.m. and 5:00p.m. if possible.

Is it a good idea to establish a meeting point and time for the Friday group?:smile:

Yup...step, step, inch, by inch, we'll work this out...

Location for the "east siders:
I'd recommend Beryl Park on Carnelian, it abuts the 210 in Rancho Cucamonga.

I've never been there, but it looks like a residential neighborhood and has a decent sized parking lot (from the satellite photo at least).:wink:

Big D, Awsomr1, and I can meet there.

Where do you "west siders" want to meet??

Once you have the western meeting place decided, someone can do the mileage/time math backwards and suggest the meeting times. My thought is we shoot to be in Monterey at 4:30pm.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great start to me...

Hey Mario,

Got my hotel reservation at the Hilton Garden Inn (Monterey) for the 18th to 21st. There's a good chance that I might leave on Thursday to join you guys (10/18) ..But it depends if I can get that day off...otherwise I leave on Friday.

-Henry

Hello,

Let me see if I understand your SoCal route, because CDX_NSX and I would like to link up with your group some where along the way, but we will then continue on to Monterey without stopping. I’m in Sierra Madre (just east of Pasadena along the 210) and CDX_NSX is coming from a little further East on the 210:

“The OC group is taking the PCH to SLO' From OC” I'm guessing that you’re going to take the 405 N to the 10 W to Highway 1 N in Santa Monica, unless you are truly taking Hwy 1 along all of the beach cities? You'll stay on Hwy 1 until it connects with the 101 in Oxnard? At that point you will have to take the 101 N (Hwy 1 is none existent at various locations between Ventura and Santa Barbara) through Santa Barbara (or take the 154 over the San Marcus Pass to the 101, which is very nice with some twisties) through Solvang/Santa Maria/SLO and stop at Paso Robles?

Since CDX_NSX and I are in the San Gabriel Valley we would try and meet up with you possibly in Santa Monica or Oxnard/Ventura. First, we eventually need to know the exact route of the So Cal leg and the time you plan to leave. Then CDX_NSX and I need to make sure we park along your route and wait for you. I’ll give you my cell phone number so that we can stay in communication.

Thanks,

Mario

Last edited:
Excellent! Friday A.m. Caravan is shaping up.

Big D Temecula
9doors Redlands
CKS Papa Northridge
Jagtiger Redondo
Ediddynsx ???
Heeltoe914 ( new sign in )

I would like to join the drive up I see many option for what Hwy you all will be taking.
I have always gone the fastest route which is up the 5 fry over the grapvine and take the Hwy 46. I think it is that shoots west to the coast

Hello Henry,

It would be great to have another NSX to continue up with us from SLO while the OC group heads up to Paso Robles. Since you are to the south, you should try to hook up with the OC group at their starting point or somewhere along the 405. If that is not possible, you can join CDX_NSX and me at the place where we will be meeting up with the OC group, which has yet to be determined, but will likely be at an off ramp some where along the 101 Ventura Freeway west of the 405 interchange.

Good luck in getting Thursday off.

Mario

Hey guys,

If you want to make it for lunch on Friday then we need to leave early Friday morning around 5 or 6am. I said yes to attending the lunch so I am leaving very early. Anyone interested in going also pm me.

Back