• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SoCal to ALMS Caravan Thread

mmm..the "drive-by" no-stop meeting idea is interesting.

We'll be taking the 210-134 to the 101.

I could call you when we're at the 101/405 interchange, and we could shoot for meeting on the 101 near TO, and if you're already in Monterey, we just keep on rollin' and you get to tell me how nice the overnight drive was. :smile:

As for lunch, I was considering copying Mario's plan for the Thursday group and hitting (http://www.losolivoscafe.com/) but I haven't yet thought about it too much.

Still waiting on:
ryneen
Heeltoe914

You guys in or out?

After reading tk's last email, I want to see Danica at the Acura Driver's visit at 12:30 PM on Friday.
I will let you know.

Perry

I wanted to leave Thursday also, but my wife can't get the day off. Maybe she'll hang around for a while... we need to set up a Danica visit at happy hour. :wink:

Hello gang,
I've been busy working trying to get caught up to take the day off on Friday. I have a few questions for the caravan;
- I live in Long Beach near the 405/710 interchange. Is anyone rolling through the 405 from OC that I could caravan with? If not, what is the closest spot and time for me to link up with you all. I have a buddy who'll be following as well in his 996.
- Who should I PM my cell phone number to?
- I do have a club radio. What is the frequency we are using?
- I'll be staying in Carmel. Is anyone else staying in Carmel?
- I have a Passport 8500 radar detector just in case.
ryan

Hello gang,
- I live in Long Beach near the 405/710 interchange. Is anyone rolling through the 405 from OC that I could caravan with? If not, what is the closest spot and time for me to link up with you all.

I think you should hook with us on the 101 somewhere north of the 405 maybe around west hills/canoga park/thousand oaks area.You can PM myself or 9 Doors if you want. I am thinking we will be in that area around 11:00-11:30am, since I am leaving Temecula at 9:00 and making a stop to meet up with 9 Doors.

Ok guys,

I haven't heard anything from Heeltoe914 so here's (hopefully) the final "organizational" post about the Friday caravan.

Big D - Dennis
Semnos_NSX - Steve
9doors - Nick
+1 (an S2000) - Patty

...are meeting at Beryl Park in Rancho Cucamonga (North of the 210, exit Carnelian St.) at 10:00am.

Since not everyone has club radios (only ryneen, Patty, and I), we will instead be using standard two-way handhelds. Please set the main channel to 9 and the sub-channel to 14. We all have each other's cell #'s in case there's a problem meeting. (ryneen, I PM'd you my cell, please PM me yours)

We will initially take the:

210-->134-->101

When the 101 crosses the 405, I will call CKS Papa (Perry) to see if he'll be joining us along the 101 @ Thousand Oaks, west of the 101/23 interchange. ryneen and the 996 can meet us on the 101 after we cross the 405 as well. ryneen, I can call you along the route, please pick an interchange I should ring you from to give you enough time to come north.

We'll continue along the 101 until Santa Barbara where we'll catch the 154, then we'll go have a little fun (and watch for the CHP, it's a favorite route of theirs!!!) :wink:

We'll stop at the Los Olivos Cafe @ 2879 Grand Ave for a dignified lunch, (Turn left on Grand Ave. off the 154. Cafe is on the right hand side, one and a half blocks down, across from the Fess Parker Wine Country Inn)

Post lunch, we'll continue on the 154 to the 101, leaving it in SLO to catch the 1. (Perhaps stopping from some Petrol refill, before we get to the coast)

I'll be the "sweeper" on this ride, taking the last position in our caravan to make sure we have everyone. Someone else can take the lead (hopefully w/ a detector).

That should be it! :smile:

-nick

Everything sounds great Nick!! Sounds like you have everything under control, but if you need any further help don't hesitate to ask! I will see you on Friday morning!!

Steve

Sounds like things are taking shape...I'm really looking forward to it!

9 Doors,
I just PM'd you my cell phone. Does anyone else need it?

I'll be waiting at Starbucks near the Hayvenhurst exit on the 101 (Hayvenhurst is two exits after you pass the 405). Please call me when you are about 15 mins from the 101/405 interchange so I can get on the freeway ahead of you (I assume you could call me when you reach the 170). I'll drive slow so you can catch up.
Looking forward to meeting you and the gang,
Ryan Rush
PS Thanks for putting the caravan together!

Sorry guys, I will not be joining the caravan.
I was able to convince the wife to leave at 1 AM after work.
I'll see you guys there !!
Have fun and be safe !

Sorry guys, I will not be joining the caravan.
I was able to convince the wife to leave at 1 AM after work.
I'll see you guys there !!
Have fun and be safe !

Perry,

Thanks for the update, it's much appreciated.

Drive safe and looking forward to meeting you up there! Say hello to Danica for us! :rolleyes:

Im up here wandering around...

Should have called me...I would have met up with you. I had a good time.....I am pretty beat from the drive home.....just to get home and smell burning wood from the fires in 818 and cleaning ashes in my room. =O

Back